I start by trying to figure out how much or how little the student(s) know, then teach at beginner or intermediate level. Then get more advanced as we progress. Practice makes perfect. Demonstrate then let the student(s) try it on their own.
I got a BSc. in electrical engineering and and MBA. A while ago to be honest. Worked in the auto industry for over 20 years, also coached kids soccer. I am out of work now so I have a flexible schedule.
Dynamic automotive market research expert with over 15 years of experience. Powertrain technology trends Subject Matter Expert frequently sought out for conference presentations and quoted by newspapers and automotive publications. International experience managing global teams for vehicle sales, production, and powertrain components. Balances insider and outsider market perspective.
IT/Software: Microsoft Office, Web Meeting, Minitab, SharePoint, Campfire, IHS AutoInsight, AFS, Qlik
Languages: English (fluent), German (proficient), Italian (proficient), French (basic)
DAYCO PRODUCTS LLC, Troy, MI Jan 2017 – May 2020
A global engine component supplier with 2016 sales of $1 billion split between original equipment and aftermarket. The main products are timing belts, accessor drive belts, tensioners, idlers, and the award-winning ACTIVAC system.
Business Development Manager/Market Strategy Manager
Report to VP of Global OE Sales; work with account managers on RFQs and market demand for all Dayco products.
• Responsible for light vehicle and MD/HD truck engine market research, forecasting and competitive intelligence
• Created template for global customer strategy report
• Write monthly Vehicle Industry Report for upper management
• N. American system administrator for Business Planning database
• Maintaining SharePoint site for Marketing Group
• Conducted extensive evaluation and testing of Campfire software for 5-year business plan
• Responsible for OE product marketing including trade shows, press releases and flyers/brochures
EATON CORPORATION, Southfield, MI 2013 – 2016
A diversified industrial company specializing in power management with 2015 sales of $21 billion.
Senior Manager, Global Market Intelligence
Managed the Global Market Intelligence Group (Auto and Commercial Truck) within the $4B a year Eaton Vehicle Group.
• Managed the market research and monthly production reporting for the global market intelligence group
• Wrote Vehicle Group quarterly global overview for CEO.
• Delivered monthly North American and global market overview presentations to upper management.
• Assumed responsibility for Truck market research in June 2014.
• Managed four direct reports in the US and five in-direct in China, India, Brazil, and Germany
• Collaborated with Economics Group in developing quarterly forecasts for vehicle production growth.
LMC AUTOMOTIVE, Troy, MI 2007 – 2013
Headquartered in Oxford, England, LMC Automotive is a leading provider of automotive production, sales and powertrain forecasts and automotive industry market intelligence. Formerly J.D. Power & Associates forecasting.
Senior Manager, Global Powertrain Forecasting
Managed the Global Powertrain Forecasting Group, including two direct reports.
• Produced a 7-year global light vehicle powertrain production forecast report on a quarterly basis.
• Forecasted U.S. and Japanese hybrid and EV sales every quarter as well as U.S. light vehicle diesel sales annually.
• Assisted in sales effort, making proposals to potential clients, and developing strategies to growing the business.
• Spoke at automotive conferences in North America and Europe, including OESA, UMTRI, MBS and SAA.
• Developed a flex fuel engine forecast for Brazil and a powertrain production forecast for Australia.
• Interviewed by AP, CNN, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Nightly Business Report and Fortune magazine.
Michael Omotoso | Page 2
TI Automotive – Warren, MI 2005 - 2007
A global Tier 1 automotive supplier of brake lines, fuel lines and fuel tanks. The company has 111 manufacturing locations in 28 countries, and recently moved its US headquarters from Warren, MI to Auburn Hills, MI.
Senior Market Analyst, Brake and Fuel
• Wrote monthly global activity reports for the Brake and Fuel commercial group.
• Developed quarterly light vehicle production forecast for NAFTA.
• Trained account managers in AutoCRM, Excel pivot tables and SharePoint improving individual efficiencies.
• Developed and maintained SharePoint site for global FCS division.
• Implemented new software package (AutoCRM) for medium term business planning.
• Collected and analyzed competitor and customer intelligence data and presented to leadership.
• Collaborated with analysts in Asia, Europe, and South America to develop global analysis methods.
IHS (formerly Global Insight) - Troy, MI 2001- 2005
A global information company that analyses energy, economics, geopolitical risk, and supply chain management. The company employs more than 8,000 people and has a market cap of $8.5 billion. Opened office in Troy.
Technical Research Manager
Responsible for management of North American OEMs and automotive component suppliers.
• Led automotive component research and forecasting for 6 automotive components such as airbags, telematics, and braking systems in NAFTA.
• Oversaw the research and forecasting of lt. vehicle production at powertrain level in North and South America.
• Doubled N. American revenue in 10 months with Michigan presence and developing collaborative relationships.
DRI-WEFA (formerly S&P DRI) - London, England 1996- 2001
A provider of reporting economic data and analysis of countries and industries including the auto industry. The company also provides a broad range of consulting capabilities covering market analysis, business planning and investment strategy.
Technical Research Manager
Key account manager for companies’ largest multi-million-dollar global customer.
• Managed powertrain analysts in UK, US, Argentina, China, and India more than 50% of powertrain business.
• Automotive component research and forecasting for 10 components such as airbags, ABS, and power steering.
• Presented at auto industry conferences. Presented at DRI seminar during 1999 Frankfurt Motor Show.
• Quality control of databases and files, report writing for 4 major component areas.
• Wrote articles published in Automotive News Europe, Business Week and Automotive Powertrain Analyst (4/02).
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Boston University – Boston, MA
B.Sc. (Honors) Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Surrey - Guildford, England
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE), Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA)
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|