My teaching method is to first observe how the student best learns, and go from there. I believe practice problems are the key to developing strong problem-solving strategies, and I use these to work with the student to both observe and critique the skills they already have. Each lesson plan is individualized to fit the student's needs.
I am a recent college graduate with a BS in Electrical Engineering. I started tutoring in 2015, and I have tutored 100+ students from elementary to college-age in subjects Math and English. I help my students with their assignments, in developing problem-solving strategies, and approach each topic differently depending on the student's needs.
Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder (2020)
1) BOLD SSC Academic Tutor (Jan. 2019 - Dec. 2020) Boulder, CO
Worked one-on-one with 5-7 students daily in college sciences and math courses including Calculus I/II/III, Pre-Calculus, College Algebra, Physics I, Circuits I/II, and C/C++.
● Developed and implemented comprehensive lesson plans that accommodated the specific level of learners while offering support to make certain each student was able to grasp materials.
● Identified, selected, and modified resources to meet student's diverse needs and integrated worksheets to vary lessons and consolidate concepts.
● Taught and explained problem-solving strategies
● Enhanced lessons through integration of innovative educational technology (i.e. Google Drive, Google Calendar, Zoom).
● Assisted with homework and other class assignments
2) Tutor Volunteer (Sep. 2015 - May 2016) Denver, CO
● Tutored 1-2 elementary students daily in English and Reading comprehension.
● Monitored, assessed, and remediated student performance.
● Communicated with teachers about students' progress.
3) Tutor Volunteer (Mar. 2015 - April 2015) Denver, CO
● Tutored 1-2 elementary and middle school students daily in Math and English.
● Integrated reading and writing to offer new perspectives and respect for student's own life stories.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|