I pride myself on being able to teach English in a fun and informative manner that is engaging and interactive in both classroom and online settings. I am able to teach all ages groups and manage a variety of class sizes. I find it both a welcome challenge and rewarding experience to quickly cater to the variety of learning styles and educational needs my students have as well as finding creative ways to focus in on their strengths and weaknesses using them both to engage students in the learning process. I believe that teaching English is not only an educational experience, but also a way to improve other skills such as critical thinking, cultural awareness, and intercultural social dynamics.
My name is Taylor Selsback and I am an ESL teacher from the United States. I have both a Bachelor of Arts degree in general linguistics from the University of Iceland, a 120hr TEFL certificate as well as over 5 years experience in teaching ESL in classroom settings for English First in Russia, personal 1-on-1 lessons, and online settings with Web International in China. Additionally, I am a Spanish speaker and work well with students of many backgrounds.
Price negotiation may be subject to the distance traveled, other discounts maybe included if 5 or more lessons are bought as a group.
DEC 2017 – AUG 2020
ESL TEACHER, 801 EDUCATION
• Taught and facilitated individual and group English as a Second Language lessons to students of all ages
through an online platform using communicative learning and TPR methods. (Web International)
• Evaluated and provided detailed progress reports and learning assessments in relation to student and
AUG 2013 – JUL 2014
ESL TEACHER, EF - ENGLISH FIRST
• Taught children ages 5-18 and adults English as a Second Language.
• Prepared lesson plans and relevant materials using communicative methods.
• Organized and conducted extra-curricular activities that focused on multiple learning styles and
• Trained and prepared students for Cambridge English Language Assessments.
JUL 2018 – PRESENT
ASSISTANT WORKSHOP PRODUCER, LA LUZ WORKSHOPS
• Assist in the creation and implementation of documentary photography workshops in collaboration
with industry professional photographers in Mexico and the US.
• Create and implement social media campaigns.
• Facilitate in the application process and granting of workshop specific scholarships
JUN 2015 – NOV 2016
HOSTING OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, AFS-USA
• Facilitated in the placement of 2,000+ exchange students annually through careful review of student
and host family applications while providing customer service to families and partner offices around the
• Served as Technical Project Member on database and online application enhancements and rollout in
areas including database on tracking students and host families, improving processes, testing, and
• Participated in the recruiting of seasonal hosting operations staff; training, goal-setting, and creation of
staff training materials.
• Reviewed host family applications and determined eligibility based on AFS standards, Department of
State, and CSIET regulations.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN GENERAL LINGUISTICS, UNIVERSITY OF ICELAND
ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE, MINNEAPOLIS COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
TEFL CERTIFICATE, ITTT - INTERNATIONAL TEFL AND TESOL TRAINING
• 120 Hours
• English - Native
• Icelandic - Fluent
• Spanish - Conversational
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Excel
• Online Teaching Platforms
• Classroom Management
• Communication and Collaboration
• Adobe Photoshop
• Lightroom / Capture One
• Digital & Analog Processes
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|