You are the student, and you need to be motivated to succeed. I help motivate my students by making classes meaningful but also fun. I try to find relevant teaching material to keep your interest and invite open discussion of the language and themes explored in texts and how these themes and topics are relevant today. Everything is student-centered.
I taught for 30 years in Indonesia, Japan and Vietnam. I have taught adults working for the Indonesian Ministry of Finance, and I have taught IB Diploma Program students who have gone on to top-notch universities in The USA, the UK and Australia.
$35/hour. Tolls, bridges crossings, etc to be added.
Lars L. Tatlock
ISHCMC – American Academy; August 2015 – July 2017
• Taught Grade 9 English and Grades 9-10 Reading/Writing Workshop
ISHCMC; January 2001 – June 2015
• Taught IBDP classes, 2013-2015
• Taught IBMYP classes, Years 6-10, 2008-2015
• EAL Coordinator, 2013-2014 school year
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
• M.A. English: Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language, May 1990.
• Certificate in the Teaching of Composition, February 1990.
St. Lawrence University, Canton, New York
• B.A. English Literature, May 1983. Concentration in Theater Arts.
• Extensive curriculum design working individually and with colleagues.
• Student Council Coordinator for the last 9 years, ISHCMC and ISHCMC-AA.
• Field trip Leader, 2007-2012, ISHCMC, in the Central Highlands of Vietnam.
• Field Trip Chaperone, 2015, 2016 in Cambodia.
• Involvement in numerous drama and music productions. Strong knowledge of general stagecraft, including carpentry, lighting, sound, prop management and stage management.
• Reading, cooking, carpentry, motorcycle touring
• Adrian Watts, Head Of School, ISHCMC (concealed information)
• Mark Lewis, Head of ISHCMC-AA (concealed information)
• Matt Russel, Head of English (concealed information) or (concealed information)
• Wayne Harwood, Secondary English Teacher (concealed information)
• Bill Hanrahan, IT Integration Technologist (concealed information)
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$35||Not available|