I love to develop my lessons to be individual, creative, out-of-the-box, and engaging. I focus on student autonomy so you can build your language skills. My expertise is mainly focused on college readiness, academic writing as well as survival English.
I am an English language educator from NYC who has helped young teens and adults reach their college dreams, professional goals, and personal growth. I've helped students with their English writing, reading, listening, and speaking to reach their maximum potential.
Masters of Arts in TESOL, Teachers College, Columbia University, May 2017
Coursework includes second language acquisition, classroom discourse analysis, visual thinking, language arts teaching, sociolinguistics, and social justice.
Bachelors of Arts in English & Graphic Design, Our Lady of the Lake University, May 2014
Coursework includes advanced communication, design principles, new media design, and linguistics.
Rennert International Part-time | Substitute English Second Language Instructor
October 2020 – Present
• Instructed in a hybrid teaching environment, incorporating online instruction through Zoom Meetings and in-person and socially distant classes, supplemented teaching materials with independently created assignments, projects, and assessments, Provided 20 hours of instruction to intermediate ESL learners with a variety of language backgrounds and levels
English Language Institute | Continuing Education Instructor
January 2020 - April 2020
● Provided 18 hours a week of communicative, student-centered ESL instruction to adults of mixed levels and language backgrounds; integrated explicit grammatical instruction with academic writing skills using theme-based activities. Developed supplemental and online course materials and taught computer literacy skills (G Suite, Zoom, Open Broadcast Software).
CUNY Language Immersion Program | Continuing Education Instructor
June 2018 - January 2020
● Provided 25 hours a week of communicative, academic ESL instruction to low-intermediate and advanced adult students; integrated sustained subject-based content, college study skills, and explicit grammar instruction.
● Developed and piloted new curriculum materials in accordance with CEFR standards; collaborated with fellow colleagues on designing new curriculum material; adapted previously developed curricula by adding research components; provided feedback for new piloted material and CUNY-wide curriculum standards
Fordham University Writing Center | ELL Specialist Tutor
September 2017 - May 2018
● Tutored university students on their writing, sentence style and structure, and depth of content and ideas, focusing on second language writing issues; workshopped essays for 30 or 60 min. in one-on-one sessions
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$26||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$120||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$235||$200|