My teaching methodology is student-focused. I develop an individual plan for each student lessons based on their English goals. I tailor my lessons to reflect each student's strengths, areas for growth, and learning style. I am patient, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping my students achieve their goals.
I am a professional educator with over nine years of experience teaching English/Language Arts and TESOL to students preK-adult. I am currently an ESOL Teacher with Baltimore City Public Schools. Previously, I taught Elementary Education majors literacy strategies for struggling readers and English Language Learners. I also taught 3rd grade English/Language Arts with Baltimore City Public Schools.
Qualified and committed educator offering 9 years of experience in education and specialized knowledge in TESOL, Higher Education, Elementary Education, English/Language Arts, ESOL PreK-12, and Adult Education. Demonstrated history of building a positive rapport with faculty and students, developing culturally responsive curricula and achieving measurable results.
• Adult education
• Computer literacy
• Conflict resolution
• Culturally responsive curriculum development
• Elementary Education
• ESOL K-12 Education
• Higher education • Interpersonal and written communication
• Inquiry-based learning
• K-12 Literacy
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Staff development
• Teacher mentoring and coaching
• Team leadership
BALTIMORE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
ESOL Teacher| December 2019-present
• Teach English Language Learners literacy skills in the areas of listening, speaking, reading, and writing
• Develop and implement lesson plans based on the Common Core and WIDA ELD standards
• Collaborate with classroom teachers in the content areas
• Engage families and the school community in supporting ELL students.
Lecturer and PDS Supervisor | August 2016 – December 2019
• Established the first English Language Learner cohort of Towson University in partnership with two Baltimore City elementary schools.
• Supervise students in their field experience at two Baltimore City public schools.
• Collaborate with school administrators to provide support for mentor and student teachers.
• Develop and lead professional development for mentor teachers, interns, and administrators to support best teaching and mentoring practices based on attendee needs, Towson University policy, the state standards, and Baltimore City curriculum.
• Coach student teachers by planning and implementing goals for success.
• Guide students through the completion of an instructional portfolio that highlights high-leverage practices.
• Teach aspiring educators strategies and methods for effectively planning and implementing lessons for linguistically diverse students.
• Provide students with a solid background of first and second language acquisition.
IQ3R EDUCATION TECHNOLOGIES
ESOL Teacher | March 2019– Current
• Teach engaging, rigorous online lessons to English Learners in China ages 7-10.
• Design lessons based on students’ individual needs, learning goals, and the Common Core State Standards.
STRONG CITY BALTIMORE
ELA Teacher| July-August 2017-19
• Strengthened adult immigrants’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through relevant, collaborative activities.
• Developed lesson plans based on students’ strengths, interests, and areas for growth.
BALTIMORE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY
Language Arts Teacher | September 2015 - August 2016
• Developed and implemented rigorous, engaging English/Language Arts lessons to third grade students.
• Focused on reading and writing strategies that improve students’ metacognitive skills.
• Aligned lessons to the Common Core State Standards and the Maryland College and Career Ready Standards.
• Managed student behavior according to the PBIS model.
Summer Youth Program Teacher | June 2016 - July 2016
• Taught Spanish-speaking Baltimore city youth ages 13-19 English language skills.
• Focused on enhancing listening, speaking, reading, writing, and vocabulary skills through interactive group activities.
ROOTS AND BRANCHES PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL
Assistant 1st Grade Teacher | September 2014 - June 2015
• Co-developed and taught creative lessons in the core subject areas using the principles of arts integration and brain-targeted teaching.
• Managed student behavior according to the Responsive Classroom model.
• Differentiated teaching strategies based on academic needs and learning styles.
REFUGEE YOUTH PROJECT
Middle School ESL Teacher | June 2014 - July 2014
• Developed and implemented engaging, interdisciplinary lesson plans for ESL middle school students.
• Used a wide range of instructional strategies and techniques to reach learners on various levels with differing learning needs.
• Facilitated student growth in the areas of speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
LEARNING IS FOR TOMORROW INC.
Adult ESL Instructor | April 2013 - June 2014
• Gave many opportunities for English language learners to improve their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills through individual, pair, and group activities.
• eveloped the LIFT ESOL curriculum based on state standards and student goals.
• Recruited students for the LIFT ESOL program.
BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Adjunct Faculty | May 2013 - September 2013
• Taught computer literacy to non-native English speakers through Microsoft Office and internet activities.
• Taught functional English to refugees with special emphasis on job readiness.
BALTIMORE READS INC.
Adult ESOL Instructor | September 2011 - March 2013
• Taught productive and receptive English skills to adults on a variety of levels
• Monitored student progress through assessment and goal setting.
HOWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Adjunct ESOL Faculty | September 2011 - May 2012
• Incorporated grammatical concepts into the writing process at an academic level.
• Taught all aspects of the writing process, with focus on peer review.
• Developed assessments to measure student progress.
College of Notre Dame of Maryland
Towson University, Magna Cum Laude
• Presenter, MAACCE Conference, May 2013: Multi-Level Magic
• Presenter, Maryland TESOL Conference, November 2013: Multi-Level Magic
• Presenter, Baltimore Reads Professional Development Week, March 2012: Cultural Challenges in the Classroom.
Member, TESOL International Association
Member, Maryland TESOL
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$18||Not available||$16|
|5 hours||$85||Not available||$80|
|10 hours||$160||Not available||$160|