I approach each student individually, and prefer to understand their interests and roadblocks before setting out a course of action. I can assist young people with homework, and adults with more complex issues as needs arise.
I am retired and living in Gainesville, Florida. Having lived all over South and Central America as a State Department dependent, and then 40 years in vibrant wonderful Miami, I am in place to assist people who are seeking to be culturally informed. I worked in recruiting and outplacement for many years, and can help with resumes and other such job-seeking skills.
$15 cancellation fee if 24hr notice not given.
Mature professional with extensive experience in employee transition, customer relations and organizational training. Experienced executive career coach with a specialty in working with international clients. Strengths/skills include:
Personal Marketing Training Career Counseling
Writing/editing Networking / Negotiating Techniques
Adapting to Change Researching / Targeting Techniques
Substitute teacher, Gainesville, FL 2018 – present
Teach Spanish classes, English, and others as required.
NASON & ASSOCIATES, Miami, FL 2004 - 2018
Independent Career Consultant
Provide career counseling and services to executives during career changes.
• Provide resume revision and assistance in reworking image and social media presence to become re-employed.
DBM, Miami, FL 1998 - 2004
Certified Career Consultant
Provided career counseling to displaced employees from Fortune 100 companies.
• Participated in change management and restructuring activities. Conduct Employee notification and Employee Transition meetings.
• Consistently recognized for achieving highest-level evaluations.
• Member of an executive team created to provide support for managers of five company Career Centers for Motorola by developing and implementing an automated scheduling system. Recipient of the DBM Dynamic Team “PRIDE” Award.
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF LAW, Miami, FL 2002 – 2004
Assistant Director, Career Planning Center
• Coached clients through career change process, including interview preparation, resume development and self-marketing skills.
• Extensive experience in assisting foreign nationals with their job search process.
PAGE AND ASSOCIATES, Miami, FL 1994 - present
Principal and Owner
• Coach individual clients through career change process.
• Provide freelance editing, writing, and event consulting. Clients have included Society for Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Planned Parenthood, Vitas Healthcare, University of Miami, and individuals.
• Contracted by Cendant Mobility as ESOL instructor for several foreign clients.
A.T. KEARNEY EXECUTIVE SEARCH, INC., Miami, FL 1997-1998
• Conducted full-cycle recruitment for executive level positions within major corporations worldwide.
• Teamed with VPs to develop and implement search strategies; identified and developed viable candidates to complete the search process.
CARROLLTON SCHOOL OF THE SACRED HEART, Miami, FL 1992-1994
Director of Institutional Advancement
• Developed and implemented a comprehensive and broad-based fund-raising and public relations campaign that raised $1.2 million.
• Developed institutional identity through newsletters and collateral materials.
• Managed department of four employees, organized and supervised activities of three fundraising volunteer parent groups.
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
B.A. in Speech Communication and General Business Management
Certified Professional Career Coach, Professional Assoc. of Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Certified Consultant, DBM, Boca Raton, FL
Certified Consultant and Trainer, Sandler Sales, Baltimore, MD
Fluent in Spanish
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Test prep for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||Not available||$20|