In my first class session I would try to get to know my students as well as my students' goals in the English language. Why are you studying and what are you studying towards? If you are studying for the TOEFL, my lessons will be geared toward preparing you for that. If you are hoping to learn conversational English, my lessons will be more geared toward such goals. After that, I will incorporate as much second language exposure and interaction as possible in my lessons. My classes will be very interactive and response-based.
I am a diplomatic historian and ESL teacher with experience teaching English to language learners both online and overseas. I taught English at three different schools in Guangdong Province, China, as well as taught online via Qkids. I am passionate about intercultural communications and learning about other languages and cultures. I view my work as a form of diplomacy because learning languages is a bridge to building intercultural relationships.
- (BA) History
- (BA) International Development Studies
- (BS) Animation
- Refugee Studies
- Summa Cum Laude
- GPA: 3.9/4.0
- Member of Alpha Chi (top 10%)
• The Dr. S.G. Whittle Johnston Memorial Award in History (2019)
• The Ron Frank Memorial Award for Outstanding Scholarship (2019)
• International Development Award (2019)
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Award (2019)
- Online English Teacher- Qkids
- English as a Foreign Language Teacher- China Hong Kong English School, Isaac English School, Zhuhai No. 1 High School
- Global Studies Office Assistant- Huntington University
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$17|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$85|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$170|