I am a tutor for the American and UK online school programs, offering support to online students from grade 7 through university in English language and literature as well as social studies. Zoom-shared online curriculum support or individually tailored lessons are available.
Teaching English language and literature for me is not a job, but a passion, and my primary goal is to help my students reach their learning objectives. As an American native speaker with English language and literature degrees in addition to TESOL teaching certification, I offer expert-level instruction in reading, writing, listening and speaking. I have a diverse professional background, having worked in book publishing in New York, on Wall Street as a marketing director, and as a teacher of English language and literature in North Africa for the past 15 years. I also do editing and proofreading for literary and technical writing.
ACADEMIC WORK EXPERIENCE
ONLINE (REMOTE) TEACHING Worldwide – March 2020 to present
• Tutoring English and History (one-to-one); US program; 7th, and 9th grades; via Zoom
• Supplementary literature and grammar lessons; 8th grade; via Zoom
• Pre-Bachelor’s and Pre-Master’s Programs (UK curriculum); via Skype and Gmail
• Book Club (group class); conversation class based on books read; via Zoom and NB MIT (annotation website)
• Legal English & Business English (one to one); intermediate to advanced levels; via Zoom and Gmail
• IELTS prep course (one-to-one); via Zoom and Edmodo
• ESL/EFL (one-to-one); low intermediate to advanced levels; via Zoom and Edmodo
HOPELAND EDUCATION GROUP Algiers, Algeria
Director of Studies, English Teacher & Managing Editor – July 2007 to present
• Instituted and coordinate the teacher training program, renowned nationwide
• Teach low intermediate through advanced EFL classes to adults and young adults
• Teach Business English courses (all levels)
• Coordinate and facilitate Hopeland English Book Club weekly sessions
• Write, rewrite, translate, copyedit and proofread:
websites, PhD theses, scientific articles, original works of fiction and non-fiction, CVs and cover letters for students, professors, researchers, writers, and professionals in a variety of academic, artistic, professional and technical fields
SOUNDOUS SCHOOL Preschool, Primary, Secondary School Algiers, Algeria
English Department Head – Sept 2019 to Dec 2020
• Taught national high school English program
• Vetted and oversaw EFL teachers (all grades)
• Coordinated English teacher training sessions and workshops
BRITISH STUDY CENTRES/NCUK Algiers, Algeria
English Teacher – Jan 2020 to June 2020
• Pre-Bachelor’s & Pre-Master’s Program (UK curriculum)
• EFL / IELTS
MDI-ALGIERS BUSINESS SCHOOL Algiers, Algeria
Business English Teacher – Oct 2019 to Apr 2020
HOPELAND MAA Primary and Middle School Algiers, Algeria
English Department Head – Sept 2010 to June 2019
• Taught national middle school program
• Hired and oversaw EFL teachers for preschool, primary and middle school
• Coordinated teacher training sessions and workshops
UNIVERSITY OF ALGIERS Faculty of Letters and Languages, Bouzareah Campus, Algiers, Algeria
Lecturer – Department of English (full time) –Dec 2005 to September 2007
• 2006 - 2007 1st year Reading Comprehension, 2nd year Grammar
• 2005 - 2006 1st year Written Expression/Composition, 2nd year Grammar
• Wrote syllabus and lesson plans, chose textbooks
• Managed very large classes (80 students per class) using a variety of teaching methods
ALGERIAN ENGLISH CLUBS student-run organizations
Founder & Advisor (volunteer) – May 2006 to Dec 2008
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$28|