My teaching approach is to allow students to make their own discoveries as I guide their own thoughts/ideas towards success! Instilling confidence and repeated practice are essential to my approach. My lessons are open to students of all ages, and driven by the skills that you want to develop.Mich
I will be graduating from Boston University this spring with a B.S. in English Education, with a pending licensure in Secondary English. I have spent years in a variety of classroom settings from as little as 5 students to over 20 students. I am currently a Special Education Teaching Assistant in Newton, MA.
Boston University, Class of 2021
Kilachand Honors College
B.S. in English Education, Minor in Arts Leadership
Newton Central High School (September 2020 - present)
English Intern/Special Education Teaching Assistant
- Assists in the instruction and classroom management of at-risk students facing emotional and behavioral learning challenges.
- Independently taught an 11th grade hybrid English class, working simultaneously with students both online and in-person.
- Helped coordinate weekly activity-based "community meetings" between students and faculty.
Off-Beat Players (2017 - present)
- Leads the creative operations of the inclusive theater company for young adults with disabilities.
- Directed several live productions, including "Fiddler on the Roof", "James and the Giant Peach", and "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".
- Conceived and directed a digital summer 2020 season featuring three performances: a concert, a staged reading, and a variety show.
Open Arts Alliance (May 2019 - August 2019)
- Assisted in the development of educational programs based on national and state level language/performing arts curriculum.
- Worked one on one with students aged 6-13 in technical and artistic environments.
- Designed curriculum for the Junior Ensemble Tour, an arts program that connects young performers with senior citizens.
826Boston (January 2019 - May 2019)
- Tutored students aged 8 - 18 one on one in a variety of subject areas, including Humanities and STEM.
- Served as a tutor for students on independent creative writing assignments.
Michael was one of the best tutors I've ever had. He was very fun to work with.
Michael has helped me so much in the past to grow as a writer! He was very patient and thoughtful when working with me!
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$105||$100|