I believe in instilling a passion for lifetime learning into my students. One way I instill this passion is by being a model lifetime learner for my students. For instance, in my classroom, you will hear me thinking aloud, interacting with the text during reading, and demonstrating inquiry by asking questions. I also like to customize my lesson plans to each student, focusing on creating goals for each person and helping them achieve those goals within a timely manner. All students are individuals, and everyone learns in their own unique way. I use multiple methods of teaching (linguistic, visual, auditory, kinesthetic) to reach students, so that no one is left behind.
I’m originally from North Carolina and I’m currently a Junior at UNC Chapel Hill. I decided to study English and because I’ve always loved reading and writing and studying literature in general. I have experience in the world of journalism through being a published writer for multiple media companies and teaching grammar and business perspective communication to ESL students locally. I’ve written extensively for Shannon Media Inc, reporting on town news and events in Raleigh and have my TEFL certification to teach students abroad. Lastly, I’m excited to gain more valuable teaching experience by working with you all!
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA at CHAPEL HILL Expected Graduation: May 2022
Bachelor of Science in English Administration 3.914
GREEN HOPE HIGH SCHOOL Graduation Date: June 2019
Graduated with Summa Cum Laude honors
National Music Honor Society
UNC Panhellenic Council – Chapel Hill, NC August 2020 – Present
Vice President of Communications on the Panhellenic Council
• Responsible for the communications matters of the Panhellenic community
• Participates in community engagement activities and committee appointments
• In-charge of writing articles and statements for Panhellenic activities as well as posting on social media
• Contributed to the creation of a “Swipe Share” program for the organized exchange of meal swipes between students
Kenan Flagler School of Business: New Ventures Entrepreneurship Program – Chapel Hill, NC June 2018
Team Representative of the Start-Up Project
• Participated in a 9-week New Ventures MBA program at the Kenan-Flagler School of Business
• Developed “Silver Linings ODC” with a team of MBA students, which is an on-demand mobile application solution that empowers senior citizens to extend maintaining their lifestyle of independence in the comfort of their own homes. This centralized platform improves the productivity of care delivery management and allows seniors to connect multiple vendors/caregivers in the community
• Received honorable mention for the “Coaches Progress Award” for our start-up development “Silver Linings ODC”
Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women: NC Alpha Chapter – Chapel Hill, NC September 2019 – Present
Pledge Class President. September 2019 – August 2020
• Represents the freshman pledge class in the executive board meetings
• Responsible for relaying information about current events and sorority logistics to the entirety of the pledge class
• Organizes events for the class throughout the spring semester
Panhellenic Delegate January 2020-November 2020
• Represents Pi Beta Phi to the College Panhellenic Council
• Attends all College Panhellenic meetings, voting on behalf of the chapter and notifying the chapter of all regular and special Panhellenic meetings/events
Bank of America Student Leaders Program – Cary, NC May 2018 – August 2018
Student Intern in the North Carolina Triangle Market
• Represented the North Carolina Triangle Market in a group of over 200 high school students within the nation
• Participated in an 8-week summer internship with a local non-profit, the YMCA, to open a food pantry and resource center from scratch at Walnut Creek Elementary school for the community of Southeast Raleigh during the school year
• This project has helped provide over 600 families at the school and in the community with access to fresh fruits and vegetables over the course of the entire year
UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy Intern Summer 2019 - Present
• Gained lab skills including performing PCR, site-directed mutagenesis & cloning, affinity chromatography, PyMOL, fluorescence microscopy, and SDS-PAGE
• Spends 8 hours in the lab each week, conducting research in bacteriophage engineering under a current graduate student
• Performs vital jobs such as the making of LB Agar plates, calibration of various lab machines, and clean-up of lab materials
Women’s Club Tennis Team Fall 2019 - Present
• Plays on the nationally competitive tennis team, facing local, regional, and national opponents
• Travels to various tournaments around the country with the culmination of the National Championships in May
Other Skills: TEFL Certification, French (A2 Certificate), Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|