I work very well one-on-one or in small groups. I believe personalized attention is extremely important to the academic growth of a student, so I always strive to create a close, respectful relationship with whoever I am working with. I am patient and hardworking and like to make the learning material engaging for my students (I love incorporating their personal interests into my lessons!).
I graduated from William and Mary with a Bachelor of Arts in English in August 2020. I have tutored a variety of subjects, but mostly English and social studies to middle and high schoolers. I also have plenty of childcare experience (including help with virtual lessons) with children 5 and under.
I am willing to negotiate hourly wages. My highest priority is giving my student the support they need.
CHILD CARE, Reston, VA
Babysitter March 2018 – January 2021
● Engaged in enriching activities with children aged two to six, including regular care of a young boy with special needs. Outdoor and indoor play, meal preparation, reading time, cleanup, and bedtime routines were all part of responsibilities.
ENGLISH DEPARTMENT NEWSLETTER, Williamsburg, VA
Student Journalist September 2018 – May 2020
● Worked with the William and Mary English Department to cover events and updates happening “Inside Tucker Hall,” including interviews with Professors, coverage on visiting Poets and Novelists, and anniversary celebrations.
HOOD COLLEGE CHAPEL, Frederick, MD
Assistant to the Chaplain January – December 2017
● Helped organize events sponsored by the Chapel and performed duties assigned by the Chaplain.
HOOD COLLEGE DESK SERVICES, Frederick, MD
Desk Attendant at Memorial Hall August – December 2016
● Oversaw entrance to Memorial Hall, ensured student and visitor safety, and maintained a peaceful atmosphere in the common area.
JOHN POOLE MIDDLE SCHOOL, Poolesville, MD
Social Studies Department Intern August 2015 – May 2016
● Tutored sixth and seventh grade students in Social Studies inside and outside of the classroom and performed any other duties assigned by the Social Studies Department.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|