During our first lesson, I will talk to the students about proper breathing, the muscles engaged and generally body as the instrument. Next I warm up their voice with vocal exercises that will help with expanding the range and building their techniques. Then they can sing something they like for me so I can hear their voice and find out their vocal range. We will then talk about their favorite songs/artists and the styles they are interested at, so I can suggest songs that will work on their range and improve their techniques and of course set up a lesson plan based on that.
I’m a professional opera singer and teacher with a master’s degree in Vocal Performances, I’m also a certified CCM teacher from Shenandoah Conservatory of Music. I teach voice and piano lessons as well as music theory. I have the experience of working with kids and adults with a wide range of musical backgrounds and different ages. I teach contemporary singing styles like pop, rock, jazz, R&B, as well as musical theater and opera. I have a lot of acting and performance experience as I've been in a lot of productions.
I would like to add a travel cost of $ 5 to my lessons, when commuting to student's residence.
My cancellation policy requires a minimum of 24 hour notice.
The free trial lesson will be offered online.
Caring and motivated educator committed to fostering a love and appreciation of music and an understanding of basic musical concepts especially in young children. Good leadership and classroom communication skills. Experienced in individualizing instruction by detecting and encouraging music talent in students and planning the lessons based on their needs and interests.
Born and raised in Iran, Rana is enthusiastic in implementing musical traditions of diverse cultures in her lessons and enhance students’ academic knowledge.
• Crossover singer/teacher with specialty in teaching multiple genres: Classical Music and Opera, Pop, Musical Theatre and Rock
• Advanced Vocal and Choral music training
• Instrumental Music training (Flute) and Orchestral Performance experience
• Acting and Performance skills
• Skilled in planning musical plays and concerts
EDUCATION AND WORKSHOPS
Certified CCM Teacher- The Contemporary Commercial Music Vocal Pedagogy Institute of Shenandoah Conservatory 2020
Music Education Tech Masterclasses and Conferences 2020
Opera Program Berlin Workshops- Teaching Vocal Technique, Resources and Strategies 2020
Graduate Student- Vocal Performances- California State University Northridge, GPA: 4 2018- 2020
Associate Degree in Music, Voice- Pasadena City College, GPA: 4 2014-2017
Associate Degree in Instrumental Music, Flute- Rahil Conservatory- Tehran, Iran, GPA: 4 2011-2013
West Coast Music Academy, Santa Clarita, Voice and Piano Teacher 2020- Present
Stage One Music Store, Simi valley, Voice Teacher 2018- Present
Self- Employed Voice Instructor, Los Angeles 2017- Present
• Taught voice lessons to students of all ages with varied musical backgrounds, in different styles
• Taught basic musical terms and music theory to beginner students
• Developed a well-balanced lesson plan for each student and a chart for evaluating their progress
• Assigned appropriate musical repertoire based on students’ age, level, and interest
• Prepared students for annual recitals, auditions and competitions
Valley Academy of Arts and Sciences, Los Angeles, Intern Voice Teacher August- December 2017
• Designed and taught voice lessons to students in grades 8 and 12
• Coached students on using healthy musical theatre singing techniques
• Prepared students for end of semester’s recital
Tehran French Embassy School, Tehran, Iran- Music Teacher August 2012- May 2013
• Developed general lesson plans for children
• Taught children different musical instruments
• Created simple musical scores for younger children
• Used manipulative and hands-on activities to engage children and maintain a productive lesson
• Established reward systems to keep students eager to learn
Serpina- La Serva Padrona- Capitol Opera Company, Orange County 2019
Serafina- Il Campanello- Capitol Opera Company, Orange County 2019
First Witch- Dido and Aeneas- Capitol Opera Company, Sacramento 2019
Rosario- El Cabo Primero (Scenes)- Santa Monica College Zarzuela Workshop 2018
Vivaldi’s Gloria- Pasadena First United Methodist Church 2018
Handel’s Messiah- Moorpark Presbyterian Church 2018
Singer at Verdi Chorus- Los Angeles 2015-2018
Brahms Requiem- Pasadena Presbyterian Church 2018
Josh/Lucy- The Perfect American- Chicago Opera Theatre 2017
Josh/Lucy- The Perfect American (US Premiere)- Long Beach Opera 2017
USC Collegium Concert- University of Southern California- Los Angeles 2016
Yum-Yum- Mikado (Scenes)- Angels Vocal Art 2016
Olympia- Les contes d’Hoffmann- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2015
Sister Genovieffa- Suor Angelica- Pasadena City College Opera Workshop 2014
C.O Arnold Award for Outstanding Music Achievement and Services 2017
Verdi Chorus Apprentice Program Winner 2015
Instruments: Flute- Recorder- Piano
Languages: Fluent in English, Farsi, and French. Italian and German (conversational)
Dance and Movement skills
Perfect! Very patient encouraging very professional sweet I recommend her a lot.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|