I was raised in Geneva, Switzerland and Savoy, France. My parents were French speakers as well.
My BA is in French and linguistics; I have a master dégrée in éducation and another master in public administration.
I teach from middle school to post graduate level students. I préfèr to use short dialogues to initiate language lessons at first, depending on student knowledge.
I have used French off and on during my 40 year career. My students always improve their knowledge of French and how to use it during and after our lessons.
I have had the pleasure to have taught hundreds of students on 3 continents.
My rates are as quoted above.
CHRISTIAN R. CHENARD
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
37 years of progressively more challenging leadership positions ranging from team chief of 6 highly skilled electronic warfare specialists in a tactical environment, to submitting cultural and strategic advice to a four star staff responsible for global operations in eighty countries in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Polyglot: French, Russian & Italian
COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Bringing to the US public the value of serving in the Armed Forces. Making presentations at public events, i.e. county fairs; local school career days; social club invitations: Lions club, Elks, Knights-of-Columbus; Veterans' organizations, etc. Also contacting prior service members to inform them of changes that might convince them to complete interrupted careers. These efforts were carried out in the six New England states and parts of New York State.
INTELLIGENCE ANALYST: National agency (NSA;DIA; Pentagon Army and Joint – DoD training and experience in analyzing complex Data relating to events involving cultural, economic, political and military or scientific issues. Data may contain Russian, French, Italian or other language excerpts. Areas of primary analysis:
Eastern Europe; Middle East; Pacific areas and Africa.
LIAISON OFFICER: Liaison team member (United States Military Liaison Mission –USMLM) to the Soviet Commander-in-chief in East Germany (During Cold War Era) 1978-1981. Translated the quarterly medical report from English to Russian and French, on Nazi prisoner No 7, Rudolph Hess, held at Spandau prison, Berlin, Germany. Also advised former Warsaw Pact Nations on NATO features while at USEUCOM, Stuttgart, Germany. This was a balancing act between harnessing the enthusiasm of recently freed nations wishing to westernize without totally alienating Russia, 1993-1995. Overseas duty in a hostile zone in Bosnia Herzegovina, 2002, in Sarajevo, conducting overt HUMINT.
LINGUIST: screened, interviewed and made security clearance recommendations on adjudication of civilian contractor candidates for positions of trust with US Military deployed in foreign war zones. 2005-2006.
SENIOR Medic: Oversaw the field medical instruction for the Army's combat lifesaver course prior to troop deployments into hostile environments. Made recommendations on site, concerning upgrades to the Albanian military hospital in Tirana, Albania (1995). This while assigned to the US military Attaché staff at the US embassy there.
- Senior military intelligence enlisted advisor to the Senior Staff of the Joint Transformation Command, US Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, VA, 2008-2009.
- Military analyst, Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, DC, 1987-1996 and 2008.
- Senior linguist, Subject Matter Expert DoD Language Proponency Agency, Headquarters G2, United States Army, the Pentagon, Washington, DC , 2006-2007.
- Patient advocate, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, 2006-2007.
- DoD linguist screener, 902nd MI Group, Ft. Meade, MD; authored a complete TRADOC approved screener course for military and civilian linguist screeners. 2005-2006.
- Community Outreach Facilitator, (MA, NH, VT, RI, ME, CT, NY) 94th Regional Command, Office of Command Retention, Ft. Devens, MA
- First Sergeant, 383rd Technical Intelligence Company, Ft. Devens, MA, 1996-1999.
- Senior Instructor, Army Electronic Warfare School; Curriculum developer, course technical writer, Ft. Devens, MA.
- Senior Russian Instructor, First Army Intelligence School; Curriculum Developer; course writer. Ft. Devens, MA
- Strategic Intelligence Operations Sergeant, 421st MID (S), The Defense Intelligence Agency, Washington, DC; co-authored portions of the CIA’s “World Fact Book”. 1987-96.
- Senior Medical enlisted advisor, 94th Headquarters, Ft. Devens, MA
- Non-commissioned officer in charge, Manpower & Reserve Affairs, HQs, US European Command, Stuttgart, Germany, 1995.
- Senior Intelligence analyst to US Coast Guard District One, (for counter terrorism, All contraband and counter drug activities). Office of Law Enforcement, Boston, MA
EDUCATION: High School Diploma, Institut Florimont, Geneva, Switzerland, 1968
- Bachelor of Arts, French/Russian concentrations, St. Michael's College, Winooski, VT, 1972
Graduate Political Science studies with Boston University program, while in occupied Berlin, Germany, 1978-81
- Master of Education, Training Management, Strayer University, Washington, DC, 2011
- Master of Public Administration, 2014.
- Executive MBA, Jack Welsh Management Institute (Expected 2018)
Certificate in basic Russian studies, Defense Language Institute (DLI), Monterey, CA, 1973
Certificate in intermediate Russian Studies, DLI, 1975
Certificate in advanced Russian Studies, DLI, 1978
Multiple leadership and management seminars over a 37-year
career from 1972 to 2009.
sioned officer in charge (NCOIC), J5-J, HQs (US European Command) EUCOM, Military-to-military Joint Contact Team and State Partnership Program, Stuttgart, Germany
- Senior writer/Editor of project North star, a US Forces Command (FORSCOM) directed mission to determine the threat to the US Coming from Canada via contraband.
The above assignments cover the period 1990-2009.
1992, Adjunct faculty member/lecturer for the University of Maryland at the Poly-technical Institute, Irkutsk, and Vladivostok, Siberia, Russia.
1974, Adjunct faculty member for the U. of Maryland, teaching 2 French Conversation Courses, Sinop, Turkey.
oral expression - french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|