I try to base my classes on the individual student and their needs. I like to think that I can work with different groups and people as long as there is a drive to learn. I like to see where a student is and try to think of different ways to get the student where they need to go. This can include using more traditional methods of instruction or it can include using new ways, such as technology, and individualized learning.
I am an ESL teacher with a Master's Degree in TESOL, a CELTA certificate, Beginner's Teacher License in ESL in North Carolina, and several years of experience working overseas in schools and language academies. I have worked with students with no English ability and I have worked with advanced students. I have taught conversational English, vocabulary building, reading comprehension, writing comprehension, IELTS test prep, TOEFL test prep, SAT verbal test prep, and GRE verbal test prep. I can tailor lessons based on the interest of the students or of the family.
ESL Teacher for Rowan-Salisbury School Systems (BT License # 1228004)
September 2018 to June 2019
* Teach ESL lessons to middle school students and high school students at Knox Middle and Salisbury High
* Develop curriculum for beginner and advance students
* Use classroom management skills to handle crisis and behavioral issues of the students)
* Prepare students and administer to students the WIDA Access test
* Submit paperwork and research students on Ellevation database
* Teach students electronically and submit grades on Schoology and Power School
* Collaborate with other teacher and staff on projects and issues in the classroom
* Contact parents and guardians as needed about what their students are doing
* Hold parent-teacher conference as needed
* Attend Professional Development Sessions locally and out of state
* Assist with problems stemming from students or families during or after school when applicable.
ESL Teacher and Live-in Manager for WSK International/Jiayu School
September 2014 to August 2018
Jiayu School/WSK International: Wesleyan Village Live-in Manager (January 2017 to August 2018)
Jiayu School: JD.com as an ESL Instructor (December 2015 to December 2016)
Jiayu School: Beijing Changping Vocational School ESL Teacher (September 2014 to December 2015)
* Teach ESL lessons to students of various ages and all skill levels at Beijing Changping Vocational
School and JD.com either face-to-face or online.
* Help with the development and develop curriculum for programs in the school and the company.
* Lead teacher training workshops and lessons at Beijing Changping Vocational School.
* Conduct lessons online on diverse topics as well as TOEFL and GRE verbal preparation lessons.
* Counsel students on college choices and guide them through the college application process.
* Discuss the paths to colleges of choice and talk about what is needed for their chosen majors.
* Teach ESL lessons to corporate accounts of Beijing Changping Vocational School and JD.com.
* Coordinate with teachers for various aspects of the student’s stay in Rocky Mount such as: Leading
and being the point of contact for emergency medical situations, scheduling appointments for
teachers and students, and working with teachers and students for various problems at the village
and at the schools.
* Have meetings with various teachers about how the students are doing and any areas that need to
* Coordinate various aspects of the student center, such as building and maintenance, security,
and transportation to help the students and the teachers while they were staying in North Carolina.
* In charge of purchasing items and inventory for the student center.
* Keep records of specific students as well as maintained communication with those students to make
sure they are doing well in school. Also wrote progress reports for the parents of those students.
June 2012 to April 2013
Wishborn Global Communication, Fukuchiyama, Kyoto, Japan
* Conduct one-on-one and group conversational English lessons for students of various ages and
* Evaluate students and make placement recommendations.
* Conduct business English classes at various companies.
* Conduct TOEIC exam and Eiken Exam preparation classes.
* Conduct English lessons at various kindergarten schools.
* Use office software to plan lessons for students.
Psychology Associate I
November 2009 to July 2011
Dillwyn Correctional Center, Dillwyn, VA, United States
* Conduct intake and mental health classifications with offenders in the probation violation unit.
* Keep up with paperwork, Intake Forms, and process them in CORIS Software.
* Conduct intake sessions with general population offenders.
* Conduct therapeutic sessions with various offenders.
* Administer assessments for psychiatry.
* Coordinate with departments and agencies to help individuals.
* Conduct CE training on mental health issues and suicide prevention to correctional staff.
* Provide the facility with crisis management of psychotic, homicidal, or suicidal offenders.
* Use the CORIS database to research offenders and members of institute staff.
* Use Microsoft Office Applications for forms and notation of counseling sessions.
* On occasion, on call for crisis management services.
June 2004 to January 2006
The NOVA Group, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
* Teach conversational English to Japanese students of all ages and ability levels.
* Keep track of student’s improvement through written comments and make recommendations
* Discuss student’s strengths and weaknesses with staff members for counseling sessions.
* Make written recommendations to help the students improve.
* Help students prepare for the TOEIC, TOEFL, and Eiken English tests.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE OR LEADERSHIP
Athletics Department Intern: October 2013 to May 2014
Patrick Henry Community College, Martinsville, Virginia
* Creation of documents for use by the athletics department of Patrick Henry Community College.
* Compile data from study hall records of hours athletics spent studying.
* Compile data of Slim Gym activity for use in future financial planning and studies.
* Assist in preparation for tournaments and charity events at the college.
ELL Intern: September 2013 to December 2013
Martinsville High School, Martinsville, Virginia
* Assist the ELL teacher in providing ELL lessons for the students.
* Assist in monitoring student behavior in class.
* Tutor students in their content classes.
* Teach ELL lessons at the discretion of the ELL teacher.
Shenandoah University, 2014 GPA: 3.40
Winchester, VA, United States
Master of Science in Education: TESOL
International House, 2012
Miami Beach, FL, United States
CELTA Certificate (University of Cambridge)
Liberty University, 2009 GPA: 3.43
Lynchburg, VA, United States
2009: Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
2013: Graduate Certificate in Trauma Studies GPA: 4.00
Radford University, 2003 GPA:2.82
Radford, VA, United States
Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (History and Theater)
Pi Gamma Mu honor fraternity.
Residential Hall Council (Senator).
Radford on Camera Television.
Patrick Henry Community College, 2001 GPA: 3.40
Martinsville, VA, United States
Associate of Arts in General Studies
Student of the Year: 2001.
Student Government Association Officer of the Year:2001.
Phi Theta Kappa honor fraternity.
Student Government Association (Senator and Vice-President).
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$17||$17|