I am a 30-year-old California, USA native. I was born and raised in California and have been teaching for 15 years. I have given lessons to beginning through advanced students of all ages. My lessons are structured to my individual students' needs. They can be conversation only, interview only, grammar and conversation, test preparation, etc.
Hello world. Do you need to prepare for the IELTS, TOEFL, ICAO or other English proficiency tests? Do you want to practice interviews for work or school admission (I used to work in HR and school admissions)? Do you want to improve your pronunciation (American English or British English), conversation, listening, Business English, grammar, vocabulary, reading and/or writing skills? I can help you improve. Let's do it!
My cancelation policy is 12 hours in advance.
San Diego State University, American Language Institute
Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) or Second Language (TESL)
Certificate awarded on January 31, 2014 – 130 classroom hours
• Developed skills for teaching EIL, EFL, ESL, and Business English
• Created grammar, reading, speaking, and listening lesson plans and taught international students
• Worked with students in groups, pairs, and one-on-one
• Observed several different teaching styles and methods
• Learned classroom management skills with a focus on motivational, disciplinary, and social techniques
University of California, Berkeley-Extension
Certificate in Human Resource Management
Awarded in May 2010
Bilingual in Spanish
University of California, Berkeley
B.A. in Linguistics and B.A. in Psychology
Awarded in May 2009
Private Tutor 09/2013 – Present
Language Trainer, Cartus 04/2014 – Present
English Tutor K-College, Math Tutor K-5, Grade Potential 02/2016 – Present English Tutor K-College, Math Tutor K-5, Club Z 04/2016 – Present
English as a Second Language Tutor, Tandem 03/2017 – Present
• Provided in-depth one-on-one instruction (in person and via Skype) to teach business English, general English, TOEFL preparation, reading, reading comprehension, pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, spelling and basic mathematical operations and concepts. I taught beginner to high intermediate levels to students from 5 years old to age 60.
English/ESL Group Tutor, United Continents: University High School Education 03/2014 – 03/2016
English/Math/SAT Tutor, Cambridge Learning Center 01/2016 – 05/2016
SAT/ESL Tutor, Masterprep Academy 09/2015 – 12/2015
● Helped high school students with English, Economics, History, Religion, Anatomy and ESL coursework
● Prepared students for SAT Reading/Writing, ACT English/Reading/Writing, ISEE, SSAT, PSAT and TOEFL examinations
ESL /TOEFL Substitute Teacher, College of English Language 02/2014 – 12/2014
Aviation Language Instructor, California Flight Academy 05/2014 – 01/2015
ESL Instructor, Embassy English 05/2015 – 08/2015
● Developed and submitted weekly lesson plans
● Tracked and reported on students’ attendance and improvement in multiple aspects of English
● Counseled students on further coursework to address their learning needs
● Prepared students for IELTS examinations
● Taught young adults and adults
Summer Junior Program Instructor, Advanced International Academy 06/2014 – 08/2014
Summer Junior Program Instructor, Language Studies International 07/2014 – 07/2014
● Taught homogeneous high-school students English with a focus on conversation, pronunciation and American culture
● Chaperoned students during the afternoon and led them on field trips
HR Coordinator, DeltaTRAK 05/2012 – 07/2013
● Taught new employees about their benefit plan offerings on a weekly basis
HR Coordinator, California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. 04/2010 – 11/2011
HR Assistant, California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. 12/2009 – 03/2010
● Instructed new and existing employees about organizational benefits and policies
Perfect! Lisa is very professional and friendly teacher!
Elena is very responsive, fun, funny, dedicated, determined, and hard-working.
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|