Are you looking to attain a particular level of mastery in English as described in the Common European Framework (CEFR) descriptors or The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) guidelines? Are you preparing to take the TOEFL or IELTS exams? Or, are you wanting to maintain your current mastery of English? With 15 years teaching experience, we can work together to achieve your goal. My lessons integrate American and European methodologies and supplemental activities targeting listening, reading, speaking and writing skills. Additional independent practice is provided through auto-scored online activities. Progress is monitored and assessed during each lesson.
I offer ONE initial 30 minute lesson for FREE to all PROSPECTIVE new students!
I have been a private ESL tutor for ten years. I currently teach ESL to the local Haitian community and volunteer for Literacy NJ. I have eight years of experience teaching ESL and French in New Jersey public schools. I have taught ESL abroad in Southern France. I was awarded a Fulbright via The Classroom Teacher Exchange Program from The United States Department of State in 2011. I have created over 5000 activities, lessons and assessments to fit the needs and goals of every individual student. I am fluent in French which is ideal for second language learners whose native language is French.
Experienced and certified K-12 bilingual ESL teacher with strong knowledge of immersion methodology and classroom technology.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
OUR LADY OF SORROWS CATHOLIC CHURCH / ESL Instructor 2018-Present
• Independently responsible for developing introductory ESL program for the local Haitian adult community to include weekly conversation, grammar, and culture lessons.
TALK TO USA / ESL Instructor Jan 2020 – Present
• Independently responsible for developing introductory ESL curriculum for elementary and high school students
• IELTS Prep
ROBBINSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, ESL/French Instructor 2004-2012
• Fulbright Recipient 2011
• Independently responsible for developing introductory, intermediate and advanced ESL program for elementary, middle school, and high school students to include daily conversation, grammar, and culture lessons.
• Administered the Idea Proficiency Test (IPT), as well as the state mandated test for non-native speakers known as the ACCESS Test.
LGT LES CATALINS À MONTÉLIMAR, FRANCE English Teaching Assistant 2000-2001
• Taught conversational English and American culture to French high school students.
• Worked with French students with special needs for an after school program.
• Participated in vocal and instrumental music programs, and volunteered at local radio station where I invited my students to call in and come to the studio to be interviewed.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
MOORESTOWN HIGH SCHOOL, French Instructor 2015-Jan 2017
• Independently responsible for developing introductory and intermediate level French program for high school students to include daily conversation, grammar and culture lessons.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE, Scoring Coordinator 2002-2004
• Planned and coordinated a wide variety of day-to-day administrative processes and program management activities in support of the AP English Literature and AP Psychology readings.
• Literacy New Jersey
• The American Association of Teachers of French AATF
• American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages ACTFL
• Foreign Language Educators of New Jersey FLENJ
• United States Tennis Association USTA
• BA Psychology and French, minor in Sociology, Rider University, 1990.
• English as a Second Language Certification, 2009, The College of New Jersey, certificate # 716558.
• Teacher of French, 2007, The College of New Jersey, certificate # 631775.
• Teacher of Psychology, 2011, certificate # 814245.
Tennis - USTA 4.0 ranking, professional jazz musician, cooking, antiques
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|