I taught psychology, sociology & social science to college undergrads but teach students at any level. I have a Masters Organizational Leadership and am almost finished with a Doctorate in Behavioral Health.
I am a collaborative with an open door, be who you are, teacher. Adults learn out of survival instincts and this makes them nervous. I try to remove the anxiety. My lessons use reading, discussion and writing. If a student makes a connection with their personal life or current events, retention improves. I determine students' learning style and customize lessons for the student.
I have been a college teacher for 3 years teaching classes of more than 40. Most of my students pass. A majority of them were nursing students. I have taught students on-site and online. I am currently a student myself so I am aware of the difficulties of going to school and balancing family and work too.
Travel fee is to cover the costs of traveling. Rates are not affected by student's level as I will customize to their needs.
Doctorate of Education with GPA of 3.94 out of 4.0 2018
• Campus Bullying Intervention (ITT Tech.) 2016
• Achieved 56% profit margin, well above industry standards (J&M) 2005
• Identified under-served niche market with successful organizational change to meet that demand (J&M) 2000
• Successful women recruitment program for shop (J&M) 2002
• Marketed 80% of Accounts (J&M) 2005
• Alpha Chi National Honor Society (Grand Canyon University) 2012
• Academic Excellence for perfect GPA M.S. (Grand Canyon University) 2011
• Summa cum Laude B.S. (Grand Canyon University) 2010
• Social Researcher including quantitative methods and quasi-experimental designs
• Dissertation coach/tutor & Dissertation Committee member
• Leadership Expert for Excelsior College
• Program Advisory Committee for Curriculum Development (Stautzenberger College)
• Taught courses: Psychology; Sociology; Group Theory; Ethics; College Skills & Microsoft Office.
• Experience with LMS (Learning Management Systems); Angel, Safari, Moodle, & Loud Cloud online platforms.
• Classes upwards of 40 students
• Main presenter/trainer at teachers’ in-service seminars: Classroom Leadership and College Bullying.
• New Start Venture & Organizational Development with training program development for new hires.
• As C.E.O, brought in female employees and institute a training & development program
• Developed Customer Relationship Management protocols.
• Benchmarking/Market Research/Program Implementation
• Identified a new niche market and changed organizational direction (change management).
• Professor & Doctoral Coach (Dissertation 2 Defense) 01/18 – present
Duties include: Teaching and tutoring online and face to face for Doctoral learners; prospectus, proposal, & dissertation
development, tutoring and support, and minor editing; navigating the committee; tutoring for coursework, lesson videos
including lesson plans and live conference calls, in social sciences. Lead researcher for student group research projects
• Dissertation Committee Content Expert (Grand Canyon University part-time/contract
• Assists the Learner in identifying the research topic based on gaps from the literature, Provides specific feedback on
content, Helps the Learner select an appropriate theoretical foundation, - Guides the Learner in comprehensively
researching topics relevant to their research topics.
• Teacher, English as a Second Language (American Independence Schools) (Contract) 08/17 – present
Duties include: Teaching small class sizes and individual tutoring to Chinese students online. Students range in ages
starting at 2 through adults of all ages.
• Business Director for Rockcrown Expert Carpentry (Norton, Ohio) part-time 04/12 -present
Duties include: Market Research using quantitative methods; Budgets; Cost/Benefit Analysis; Contracts, Project
Management; Estimates, Work Orders, Invoicing, Book-keeping, Insurances; Payroll; Taxes; Human Resources
with talent recruitment & payroll.
• Subject Matter Expert (Excelsior College) Contract/Temporary 06/17 – 08/18
Evaluation and assessment of courses and coursework for Leadership and Management certificate and diploma
programs. This includes identification of Learning Objectives, evaluation of coursework, rigor, and assignments
to make recommendations for student level and credit hours while working as a team with other
Subject Matter Experts to present a unified recommendation for multiple courses. Contract summer position
• Graduate Research Assistant Summer Intern (NE Ohio College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH) 06/17 – 8/31/17
Duties include social research for youth programs that offers encouragement and guidance for careers in the medical
field. This includes literature research and review, IRB packet preparation, grant writing, advanced statistics, survey
development on Survey Monkey, data entry and any other duties necessary.
• Substitute Teacher (Wayne County, Ohio) 02/17 – present
Duties include: Classroom management, behavioral management & last minute substitution for teachers in Chippewa,
Norwayne & Wadsworth schools Taught areas include all subjects, student learning types from grades 4 –12
• College Instructor, General Education for ITT Technical Institute (Akron, Ohio) 2013 – 09/16
Duties include: Taught courses in class, online and hybrid or blended classes in College Skills, Group Dynamics,
Sociology, Ethics in Contemporary Society, Psychology; Social Psychology; Promote social skills & middle class
values to a low income student population to enhance future success; Classroom MGMT; Student Centered Learning;
Mentoring in an online & classroom environment; Multiculturalism; Student Motivation; Student Assessment;
Interactive Learning; Differentiated Instruction; Whole Group Collaborative Learning; Curriculum Development;
Counseling & Coaching; Community Interaction; Program Implementation.
• Business Consultant for Custom Carry Concepts, LLC (Lake Milton, OH) 2010 - 2011
Duties include: Marketing, Book keeping, Taxes, Consultation, Business Process Improvement; Cost-Reduction
• C.E.O. for J&M Portable Welding and Fabrication (Windham, OH) 1997 - 2005
Duties include: New start venture; Operations Management; Marketing & Sales; Strategic Management;
Organizational Development; Cost Analysis, Cost-Benefit, Project Management, Change Management; H.R.
Management, Training & Development; Leadership & Team Building; Forecasting & Contracts.
• Doctorate of Education: Organizational Leadership emphasis: Behavioral Health 2018
Grand Canyon University Doctoral College (Phoenix, AZ)
Bullying prevention using a quantitative quasi-experimental research design
• Masters of Science: Business Organizational Leadership 2011
Grand Canyon University, Ken Blanchard Business College (Phoenix, AZ)
• Bachelors of Science: Business Entrepreneurship 2010
Grand Canyon University, Ken Blanchard Business College (Phoenix, AZ) Summa cum Laude
• Associates of Applied Science: Business Management 2008
Kaplan University (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) Summa cum Laude
CITI Certified Social Researcher & CITI Certified in Researcher Ethics. 2018-2023
Walsh University: Professional Development for online instruction, online course development, & ECN 2017
Ohio Supreme Court Certified Guardian ad Litem 2017
Ohio Dept. of Education Substitute Teacher (Career Technical) license grades 4-12 2017
Jaime was honestly one of the best teachers I have come across through out my many years of schooling. She always took the time to ensure that I thoroughly understood the subject matter she taught before she moved on to something new. Jaime always made herself available for extra help both during and after class and she was someone I felt comfortable talking to because she is always there with a helping hand and listening ear. Jaime will get the job done beyond your expectations and in the process you will gain a life long friendship because of her nurturing heart. Teaching is not just a job to Jaime, her passion and love for teaching shows and shines bright through her work.
psychology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking social skills lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$100||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||$500||$250|
|10 hours||Not available||$950||$500|