I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Rhodes College and a Master of Arts degree in English from Louisiana State University. I have had training sessions that focused on developing students' reading/writing skills and on improving performance on classroom and standardized tests.
While working as a teacher coach for nine years, I tutored students in grades 3-8. Many of these students showed improvement in classroom performance and on state tests. My focus is literacy in all subject areas, and I also have experience teaching writing at the college level.
I am willing to negotiate rates after discussion and agreement regarding student goals and learning expectations. I have extensive experience, lesson plans, and resources that I have developed or researched. As for travel, I expect to be compensated for mileage.
English teacher, writer, and editor with extensive experience as a language arts teacher coach. A successful track record working with K-12 teachers to facilitate student learning and tutoring students to improve literacy skills and test performance.
• Tutoring students to improve literacy skills and performance on both teacher-made and standardized tests
• Creating and modeling effective language arts lessons and research-based strategies
• Modeling lessons designed to engage students and ensure effective formative assessment
• Creating presentation and training materials for teachers at all grade levels and in all subject areas
• Serving as project coordinator, author, and editor for the development of online courses for teachers
Independent Educational Consultant
• Tutoring students to improve reading/writing skills and test results
• Coaching language arts teachers to increase student learning and literacy
• Coaching social studies and science teachers to use effective literacy strategies
• Providing customized professional development and training for teachers
Senior Instructional Specialist for Bailey Education Group
• Providing same services as those listed above for Independent Educational Consultant
• Developing lesson plans designed to engage students and ensure effective formative assessment
• Writing and editing online courses designed to help teachers meet the expectations detailed in Common Core State Standards
• Providing training and developing resources for other language arts consultants
Director of Assessment, Accountability, and Learning; Program of Research and Evaluation for Public Schools (PREPS), Mississippi State University (MSU)
• Working with governmental agencies, business, and industry to establish strategic partnerships
• Preparing and conducting presentations about PREPS’ projects and products
• Developing and delivering customized training and professional development
• Developing informational resources, including brochures and multimedia presentations
Assistant Director, Office of Student Assessment (OSA), Mississippi Department of Education (MDE)
• Managing and training staff and Mississippi public school personnel
• Managing contracts with testing companies and external vendors
• Developing Requests for Proposals
• Working with MDE staff, committees, contractors, and school district personnel to ensure the successful implementation of the statewide assessment system
Master of Arts Degree in English Literature (Louisiana State University)
Bachelor of Arts Degree in English Literature (Rhodes College)
literacy lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|