The teaching methodology here is "student need" based. You come and we discuss what your needs and desires for your career are and we can develop a course outline from there.
All levels of student can gain some insight. It may only take one lesson, depending on the need.
I am a retired Manager, who has been supervising people since 1985. I have been trained as a supervisor and manager and have had very much susses in many different positions since then. I have been a production supervisor and manager, and Plant Manager, performing a multitude of functions that cross into Human resources and procurement. Have negotiated contracts worth millions of dollars with suppliers successfully.
Availability is weekly Monday to Thursday, 10am to 3pm, except on statutory holidays, where it will be Tuesday to Thursday of that week.
If a lesson is requested outside these hours, a premium will be charged. 1.5 times regular rate.
A Retired professional Facility and Operations Manager. An experienced and trustworthy leader with a focus on safety and quality as the keys for a successful operation. Reliable, committed, and adaptable with a proven record of success. I Build excellent rapport with superiors, peers and subordinates through strong communications and a bias for team building. A dedicated leader with a decision-making style that is based on the big picture and the impact on the business.
Demonstrated Track record in:
• Safety and Environment training • Operations training
• Building Maintenance management • Quality training
• Contractor supervision/management
• Purchasing and vendor management
• Project management
• Customer Service • Unionized Site experience
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
Demonstrated expertise in building facilities management, engineering management, procurement capabilities and experience.
Was President of the Yorkton Chamber of Commerce, 2017, engaging businesses and supporting advocacy for businesses.
Associate Director of Administration 08-18-14 July 3, 2018
• Responsible for maintenance and reception staff of 7 campuses. 20 direct reports, 2 contract staff.
• Responsible for asset planning implementation using Ameresco Asset planner to provide asset data and work request systems.
• Responsible Central Vehicle fleet, wrote policy, and implemented booking software for control of vehicle use and tracking of same for CVA Saskatchewan.
• Source equipment and furniture and appliances for new all 7 Campuses as needed.
• Establish and manage contracted services where necessary.
• Manage facility upgrades, moves.
• Negotiate with and hire General Contractors, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing
• Manage Repairs and Maintenance for all facilities.
• Developed security protocol for each campus and set procedure for arming and disarming and response to alarm conditions, wrote policy for same.
• Implemented / wrote policies and procedures, including but not limited to Room booking, vehicle booking, room and equipment rental rates and service charges.
• Updated emergency procedures / safety guidelines for each campus, including fire, weather, violence, lockdown, evacuation procedures
• Negotiate and monitor lease agreements for existing facilities and new building projects.
• Procure Architectural and engineering services for new building projects.
• Start up of new Trades and Technology campus with regard to safety procedures, construction completion and follow ups to punch list items, deficiency reporting and completion of corrective actions.
• Train all employees on procedures and equipment in the new facility.
• Monitor achievement of designated milestones in the project.
• Represent Parkland College as a Director on the Yorkton Chamber of Commerce.
• President of Yorkton Chamber of commerce 2017
Great Lakes Biodiesel 02-12-12 to11-27-13
General Plant Manager
• Hired all employees
• Trained all employees in operation of plant.
• Established Company Policies
• Established 3rd party Human resources
• Acted as procurement manager for establishing chemical supply, dry goods supply. Negotiated contracts with suppliers, vendors. Established inventory tracking system for initial start up. Recommended inventory procedures for ongoing tracking.
• Developed plant-operating budget, including cost centers for maintenance, utilities, spare parts and maintenance, feedstock and chemicals.
Leons Manufacturing 06-15-11 to 01-15-12
• Organized production flow pattern
• Implemented 5S and established formal communication system between customer service and production
• Conducted inventory counts
• Led “lean” initiative
LDM Foods ( Now LDC [Louis Dreyfus Commodities]) 08-04-08 – 06-01-11
Refinery Superintendent- Led refining operations team in plant start up using practical hands on training as well as classroom training on oil refining principles.
Consulting Business 07-14-07 to 08-04-08
• Assist in Biodiesel and Refinery plant start up operator training for
o CMP Design in Erie Pa
o DeSmet Ballestra in Guymon Oklahoma
o GEA Westphalia Beaumont Texas
Mid Atlantic Biodiesel (concealed information)-08-2007
• Plant Manager, Biodiesel Manufacturing / Processing
• Hired all employees
• Trained all employees on safety and operational procedures.
Unilever Canada, Rexdale, Ont. 1993–2005
Manager of Refining Operations
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, responsible for all operations at refinery site including quality control, safety and environment, maintenance, and transportation. Managed a team of 6 Supervisors and an indirect team of 25 unionized personnel.
Lipton, a Division of Unilever, Rexdale, Ont. 1991-1993
Monarch Fine Foods, of Unilever, Rexdale, Ont. 1985-1991
Refinery Shift Supervisor
SELECTED TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Certified Safety Committee member by the OH&S Saskatchewan.
• Respectful workplace training
• Dispute resolution training
• Dale Carnegie training
• GMP training
• Ontario Management Certificate, Production, Sheridan College, Brampton, Ont.
• Bachelor of Science, Engineering Management Equivalent, University of Arizona, 2006
ASSOCIATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS/ COMMUNITY SERVICE
• American Oil Chemists Society-retired
• 2017 President of Yorkton SK. Chamber of Commerce-.
I have a BSc in Engineering management from University of Arizona.
leadership lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$18||Not available||$23|
|5 hours||$76||Not available||$115|
|10 hours||$153||Not available||$229|