I teach as I like to learn, visually. I use a white board and/or multiple graphic examples that highlight what I'm trying to get across. I like getting as much information from the student so that I can home in on how they like to learn and what works best for them.
I am an experienced Mechanical Engineer who's been tutoring students since undergraduate. I have a Bachelor and Master degrees in Mechanical Engineering and still use my Engineering Math and Physics on a daily basis. I like to use examples from real life that students can easily relate to and help them visualize what is going on with the equations.
Aero Fluid Products, Painesville, OH 2019 - Present
• Program management of air, water, and fuel valves projects for aerospace platforms. Including technical design and development, internal and external testing, production scheduling, vendor interaction to produce first articles, production and quality interaction once in production. Weekly customer teleconferences to discuss technical issues, in-process testing results and biweekly schedule updates. Designed and fabricated test and production fixtures as needed to support projects. Valve and fixture 3D design work completed in Solidworks.
• Development and performance of Qualification Test, Acceptance Test, Certification Test Procedures and Reports, FAA Conformity, FMEA Reports, and other compliance documents required for commercial and military aerospace valves and valve systems.
• Group technical resource for engineering design, fluid flow, heat transfer, stress analysis, reliability, vibration, shock, and other engineering disciplines. Collins Aerospace Conformity Authorized Delegate for Conformity Inspections. Project engineer for legacy production issues and checker for Engineering Revisions in the SmarTeam workflow.
Meyer Products LLC (Division of Aebi-Schmidt Holding Group), Cleveland, OH 2013 - 2019
Senior Project Engineer
• Expanding Containment Plow (Super Blade) – New design of a contractor plow system that uses off-the-shelf structural elements to create a system that is robust, easy to use and maintain, and provides a economical contractor system for 2019 launch using PTC CREO (3D) and AutoCad(2D).
• Raptor Next Generation Plow – Clean sheet of paper design of a contractor plow system that addresses existing complaints with ultimate goal of providing a plow that mounts/dismounts itself to/from a truck without the operator leaving the truck cab.
• Highway Plow Integration – Worked with our municipal partners and designed and fabricated three custom truck mount adapters to allow customers to evaluate Schmidt highway plows made by our sister manufacturing site in Germany and imported to the United States. Collaborated with municipal and state customers (cities of Euclid and Cuyahoga Falls, Medina branch of the Ohio Deptartment of Transportation) to create a test program to provide meaningful data to sales and product management.
• ECN Process Update – Led a mid-management team (Manufacturing, Quality, Logistics, Engineering, and Information Technology) in a six month project to revamp the Meyer Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process to eliminate scrap, provide better revision control, and lead to more seamless transitions on the floor when assemblies are modified. The new process was implemented in 2017.
Network Technologies Inc., Aurora, OH 2011 - 2013
Mechanical Design Engineering Manager
• Led the Mechanical Design Engineering Group (two mechanical engineers) responsible for developing new products and resolving daily mechanical production and quality issues. New product development and sustaining engineering support for over 400 products ranging in size from simple hand held sensors to rack mounted drawers with 18 new product releases in 2012.
• Developed new sheet metal enclosure designs with 3D solid modeling (Solidworks) using input from sales, marketing, electrical engineers, and customers to develop optimal sheet metal designs. AutoCad (2D) used for 2D Trumpf punch programming.
DRS C3 & Aviation (currently Leonardo S.p.A, formerly Radian Milparts), Willoughby, OH 2004 - 2011
M2A2 Aiming Circle Project Manager
• Led the M2A2 Aiming Circle program, successfully producing first articles and passing all first article testing performed at a bid-losing competitor. 1940s system was not successfully procured for 40 years.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
• Program management and design engineering/re-engineering of Department of Defense systems components using 3-D laser scan information, prints, and other information, working with vendors to develop first articles, production quantities, and reliable manufacturing processes.
RadMax Project Manager
• Designed, developed, manufactured, and tested a revolutionary design concept of a 110 Hp, 7200 RPM radial axial diesel engine as an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle replacement with a ten (10) month schedule.
Werner Co., Product Development, Greenville, Pennsylvania, 16125, 2002 - 2004
Director, Engineering Services
• Led the Sustaining Engineering Department and Engineering Testing Laboratory, responsible for daily production and quality issues and leading new product development on established SKU lines.
The Kirby Company, Product Development Engineering, Cleveland, Ohio, 44102, 1995 - 2002
Manager, Product Development Engineering
• Managed Product Development Engineering Group and Product Testing Laboratory, developing the Next Generation Kirby platform incorporating cutting edge technology features on one unit.
GE Lighting, Automotive New Products and Quality, Cleveland, Ohio 44112, 1985 - 1995
CAE Engineer-Lamp Systems and concurrently Manager, Shock and Vibration Laboratory
• Planned, managed, and completed new lamp product, plant productivity, and plant and laboratory equipment program; Product engineering support of 600 SKU’s ($60,000,000 1995 sales).
Case Western Reserve University, Master of Science in Fluid and Thermal Sciences, 1995
Master of Science Thesis: “Thermal Lamp Mount Modeling”
Research Assistantship with US Army Research Laboratory at NASA Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, OH
Case Western Reserve University, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with honors, 1985.
• Program Management/Team Leadership
• Project Costing, Budgeting, and Scheduling
• Integrating Cutting Edge Technology into Production
• Presentation/Communication Skills and Experience
• Product Development from Initial Idea to Final Product
• Rapid Prototyping, Tooling, and Sampling
• Production Cost Savings/Plant Productivity Projects
• Die Casting/Injection Molding Tooling Design
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT)
• Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA)
• Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
• 3D Solid Modeling: Solidworks (10 yrs), ProE (12 yrs)
• Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), LEAN
• 2D Modeling : AutoCad, DXF generation
• Finte Element : ABAQUS, ALGOR, ANSYS, COSMOS
• 3D Animations, 2D Illustrations, Exploded Assemblies
• Programming : FORTRAN, Python, BASIC, C+
• Sheet Metal Enclosure Design
• CNC Code (G Code) Generation
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
• Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
• Society of Rheology (SOR)
• American Institute of Physics (AIP)
PATENTS AND PATENT APPLICATIONS
U.S. Patent No. 10,428,478 “Expandable Containment Plow”
U.S. Patent No. 10,316,480 “Adjustable Snow Plow”
U.S. Patent No. 7,896,630 “Rotary Device with Reciprocating Vanes and Seals”
U.S. Patent No. 5,784,750 “Multi-Component Flow Passage Assembly with Snap In Sealing Adaptor”
“Knowing When to Say When - DFx to the Rescue”, 2002 INT’L FORUM ON DFMA, 2002.
“A New Broom Sweeps Lean”, ASSEMBLY, February 1998.
“Snap to It!-Redefining Design with Emerging Technologies”, 1996 INT’L FORUM ON DFMA, 1996.
GE 91-AEO-4 “Accurate Lens Plunger Machining”, 1991.
GE 91-AEO-2 “Extended 50 Watt PAR30 Lamp Process Stress Analysis”, 1991.
Previous Industrial Teaching Experience
Design of Experiments and Taguchi Methods
Six Sigma Methods
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|