My background is in jazz, folk and blues guitar, and each of my lessons is tailored to my student according to their goals. My lessons are designed around a hierarchy of skills to ensure that only good and healthy playing habits are formed, and I believe that great teaching requires patience, thoroughness and a little humor!
I am a Jazz Composition student at Temple University, specializing in guitar. I having studied with the best teachers available and I have taught lessons to all types of students, from toddlers to seniors. My students are able to pick up concepts on the guitar and learn something new and useful in every lesson!
Dedicated and energetic musician; eager to educate and collaborate with others to achieve and surpass creative goals.
Instruments: Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Banjo
PIT MUSICIAN – all on guitar except where listed
“Godspell,” Bishop McDevitt High School, Wyncote, PA 19095 MAY 2019
Cabaret: Home,” Council Rock North High School, Newtown, PA 18940 JAN 2019
“Side Show” and various graduate projects – Temple University, Tomlinson Theatre, Philadelphia, PA 19122 NOV 2017 – PRESENT
“Shrek,” “9 to 5” – WWHS Players, West Warwick, RI 02893 NOV 2017 – PRESENT
“Beauty and the Beast,” “The Little Mermaid” (Reeds) – DMS Players, West Warwick, RI 02893 MAR 2015 – MAR 2017
MUSIC DIRECTOR – Temple Newman Center, Philadelphia, PA 19122 SEP 2017 – PRESENT
- Worked with cantor and choir weekly to accompany Catholic mass on solo guitar
- Read, transposed and arranged mass parts
PROJECT WORKER – Temple Contemporary, Philadelphia, PA 19122 SEP 2017 – DEC 2017
- Recorded and photographed instruments for documentation in Temple Contemporary’s ‘Symphony for a Broken Orchestra’ project
- Prepared and monitored studio for scheduled events and exhibits
HOUSE MUSICIAN – Basta Italian Restaurant, Cranston, RI 02915 JUL 2016 – AUG 2017
- Performed jazz standards and new music weekly for a varied audience
- Served a particular aesthetic by providing background music
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY – Philadelphia, PA 19122
Currently pursuing a B.M. in Jazz Composition
2017 Concert Band Composition Contest – Kingstown, RI 02881
- Original composition “Whispers of the Wind” entered, performed and recorded by the University of Rhode Island Wind Ensemble
Greg Kettinger, Temple University, private instructor
Steven Gross, Temple University, music director
Richard Marchetti, West Warwick High School, music director
music reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking electric guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||$30||Not available|