Hello. I am an Elementary School education credential student at CSUN. (I earned my BA at UCLA.) I'm one semester away from having a class of my own, and until that time, I would like to use my experience to help your child age 5 through 12 to achieve their highest potential in school. I make learning fun through games and humor. I'm also happy to guide your child through their assignments. My goal is to help your child learn the skills that homework should be helping them practice; I will never just give them the answer.
I have been professionally tutoring children for the past 3 school years. I also have one year of classroom experience as a student teacher, and I know how to make sense of common core. Last summer, I was a science instructor for grades 3-5. For the previous two summers, I worked at a tutoring center for children with learning disabilities, and I am confident in my ability to improve a child's fluency, reading comprehension, and math skills by multiple grade levels (I have two dozen students who have shown such improvements).
I charge a travel fee for all lessons taught outside the San Fernando Valley and more than 10 miles from my location, as well as for pick-up/drop-off services. Rates are for one child. Additional children are $10 each per hour.
* California State University, Northridge. Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (in progress - date of completion is December 2017).
* NASA Minority University Research & Education Program (MUREP) at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL). 2016.
✦ Week-long professional development, working with and learning from NASA curriculum experts and engineers at JPL.
✦ 40 hours of professional development.
* University of California, Los Angeles. BA in Anthropology - 2013.
* Private Tutor through multiple companies. 2016-Present
✦ Tutoring in all subjects for students from pre-K to 6th grade.
* Lead Science Instructor at Camp Galileo - Burbank. 2017.
✦ Taught Engineering to students entering 3rd thru 5th grade.
* Student Teacher at Vaughn Next Century Learning Center. 2016.
✦ Student teaching in a 3rd grade, general education class, with 5 English language learners.
✦ Lessons taught center around literacy, grammar, reading comprehension, and mathematics.
* Clinician with Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes. 2015-2016.
✦ Conduct one on one sessions with students to improve concept imagery and symbol imagery.
✦ Multiple grade level improvement in word attack, reading comprehension, and arithmetic over short program.
* Behavioral Instructor with A Change in Trajectory. 2016.
✦ One on one behavioral intervention and life skills training with children and adults identified as having special needs, most commonly Autism Spectrum Disorder.
* Student Teacher at Calahan Community Charter 2016
✦ Student teaching in a 1st grade, general education class, with 2 mainstreamed students with IEPs.
✦ Lessons taught center around literacy and mathematics.
* Counselor with Sense of Wonder Camp 2015
✦ Supervised and instructed campers ages 6-12 as they made candles, soap, and other crafts.
* Teacher's Aid/Independent Mentor with Homework Club 2014-2015
✦ Assist elementary school students (grades 2 thru 5) with homework
✦ Lead enrichment exercises for areas in need of improvement. Focus: retention of math and literacy.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking health and social sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$115||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$250|