The multi-cultural exposure of traveling and living in different countries added to my character to be calm, understanding, patient, and friendly as an instructor. This has also allowed me to care for details, growth, and meaningful teaching/learning experiences.
My experiences have also taught me that I personally need to be a learner at all times which gives me empathy to my students' needs and areas of the growth curve.
I believe every person has a unique learning style and my goals are to find what your style is and to help you unlock the keys to learn more efficiently with satisfaction the content that we will be journeying together.
I expect my students to do their work within reasonable measures, yet a little out of their comfort zone in order to result in continual growth and acceleration.
I am native to the United States, born in California, and work and travel around the world! I graduated from the University of California, Irvine with a Studio Arts degree. I have working experience in marketing agencies, start-ups, and as a freelance graphic designer.
I also traveled to different countries and have multi-cultural exposure and experiences.
I have experience as a:
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Graphic design lecturer
- Cross Communications Lecturer in the U.S. and in Asian countries.
Self-Employed | Online
Aug 2020 – present: Multiple Subject Tutor:
Graphic Design / General Computer / Basic Computer and Online applications
SIAS International University | Xinzheng, China
Aug 2018 – June 2020:
Instructor (Cross-Cultural Communication / Oral English)
Self-Employed | Remotely
Jan 2013 – present: Graphics Freelance
Contract Designer | Lakewood, CA 2016 – 2017:
Graphics - Ahava Design LLC
Self-Employed | Carson, CA; Atlanta, GA
2013 – 2015: Graphics Freelance
(Fit ’N Flavors, SimplySeoul Kitchen, LLC, Bioponica, New Gates, LLC.)
World Learning Tree | Jilin, China
June – Dec 2014:
Education Temp Support & Teacher
Jubilee Church | Seoul, South Korea
2010 - 2011: Communication Coordinator/ Graphic Designer
Marion Montgomery, Inc. | Houston, TX
2004 - 2008: Art Director/Designer
Yanbian University of Science & Technology Yanji, China
Feb - Jun 2002: Graphic Design Instructor; Designer for P.R.
Instruction - Education
Instruction & lecture in Asia:
- 20-25 hr./week courses at the university level; up to 65 students per class (grading, attendance and assessments, and assignments)
- Jump-transitioning to the online teaching environment, international timezones (preparing extraneous recording instructional videos and learning modules lessons with assignments)
Communication Internal & Marketing:
- Collaboratively plan and execute for small and large events: on and off-site locations up to 500 members
- Responsible for upkeep of print and online management (e.g., website information & graphics, email flyers, promotional items, announcements, Facebook groups, shared calendars, etc.)
- Maintain printed and web (internal and external) communication consistently within internal and external groups/audiences
- Design bi-weekly educational course materials for higher education classes
- Communication and QA in vendor relationships, price quoting, onsite proof checks, managing production of printed materials on team accounts
Solutions - Analysis & Problem Solving
- Individually and collaboratively create, collect analysis, adjust course material to university standard objectives, combined with multi-level student needs
- Assist faculty department leadership in curriculum content building and engage in faculty online forum in assisting platform trouble-shooting and usage
- Observe needs and conflicts in facility usage flows; create a new protocol system for facilities usage and rental
- Observe needs for administrative support with limited financial resources for a non-profit organization and start-up business
- Create volunteer pool to support admin & facility weekly needs
- Collaboratively plan and establish with leaders & managers structure and efficiency workflow, culture, communication processes and procure needed resources and support materials for staff and organizational body
Details - Admin
- Create, log, grade biweekly curriculum, assignments, presentation materials, assessments, and homework
- Attend to calls and in-person assistance to guests, visitors, staff, members, and leaders
- Organize, manage and maintain facility scheduling on daily, weekly, and event-based occurrences
- Record, manage and distribute weekly and monthly meetings
- Assist leaders and staff: manage and coordinate service gatherings, events, meetings; maintenance and upkeep of facilities and office areas; keeping common areas in a neat and orderly fashion
- File, archive, catalog records, documents, and property
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest graphic design lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, photoshop lessons for all!
Taking illustrator lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|