I base my classes based on the curriculum that I have developed in alignment with department's mission. I make every effort to make classes more interactive so that students can learn faster and stay engaged. I have utilized software such as Mathmetica for solving problems in calculus.
I am an retired math professor (Ph.D. in Mathematical Statistics) with more than 25 years of experience in teaching mathematics and statistics at undergraduate and graduate level at colleges and universities. Increased student achievement and placement for higher education and employment.
Experienced retired educator in Mathematics and Statistics interested in tutoring/teaching to students at all level.
• Experience in delivering instructions as per the curriculum
• Experience in preparing and planning the curriculum in Mathematics and Statistics
• Encouraging students to foresee benefits of STEM education
• Dependable and flexible
• Team player as well as team leader
• Excellence in communication
2006-2020: Management of sales, inventory and customer service as the owner of small business
1989-2006: Associate Professor, Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, Alabama; taught undergraduate courses in Mathematics (Algebra, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Geometry and Differential Equations), Statistics, and computer programming languages at entry level
• Prepared syllabus and curriculum
• Mentored students for their personal growth and improvement in performance
• Engaged students in creative projects and/or research
1982 - 1989: Graduate Student at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
• Served as teaching assistant for undergraduate courses
• Research on mathematical statistics to fulfill the requirements for Ph.D. thesis
1973 – 1982: Lecturer, Utkal University, India: Statistics courses
• Teaching graduate level courses in Statistics
• Mentored students for their improvement in performance
Ph.D., 1989, Mathematics - Statistics, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
M.Sc., 1972, Statistics, Utkal University, India
4 Publications in peer reviewed journal
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|