I like to build skills for a lifetime and bring forward the student's personality, character and, mostly, effort. I have experience as a tutor (13 years) and I can work with you to see what is best for your child.
I have been teaching for 13 years grades K-5th in particular. I am licensed to teach English K-12, French, Gifted and Talented (individualized curriculum, hand on learning, stem extensions, creative writing). I am excited to work with kids K-8th grade!
ANDREEA MIRELA GABUDEANU
email: (concealed information)
02/01/2020 University of Virginia - Curriculum and Instruction - track to Masters Degree (in progress)
01/2016-05/2019 Gifted Education Endorsement Program. University of Virginia - Curry School of Education and Shenandoah University.
08/2011 - 08/2014 Master of Arts in English: Literature concentration. George Mason University.
01/2008 – 06/2009 Career Switcher Program. Northern Virginia Community College.
11/2003 – 06/2005 Post BA Program: Communications. Faculty of Communication and Public Relations. National School of Political and Administrative Studies. Bucharest, Romania.
10/1999 – 06/2003 BA in English, Foreign Languages and Literatures, Faculty of Philology. University of Bucharest, Romania.
VA PUBLIC SCHOOLS LICENSE ENDORSEMENTS
Gifted Education K-12
06/2019 Orton Gillingham Multisensory Approach Training with George Mason University.
06/2019 PBL - Project Based Learning
09/2018-20 PLTW: Project Lead the Way -- 4th grade units.
11/2016 Talent Development for ELLs. PWCS.
08/2016 Gifted Institute. PWCP.
07/2013-16 IB Training Inquiry process training, conceptual teaching. Assessments and Inquiry.
01/2010 IB Training Modules 1, 2. Primary Years.
12/2009 SPOT Training K-6 Graduate Program. George Mason University. GPA:4.00.
05/2009 Spanish for Educators. Northern Virginia Community College.
Spanish – Intermediate; English – Fluent ; French – Fluent; Romanian – Native.
08/2018 - present ESOL Teacher 4th grade, 1st grade. Baldwin Elementary. MCPS.
02/2018 - 07/2018 Tutor LA, TOEFL, HS Entrance, GT, SOL, Essay Writing. C2 Education Gainesville.
08/2017 - 01/2018 ESOL/LA teacher. Fred Lynn MS. Prince William County Schools.
08/2010 – 2017 ESOL Teacher 4th grade. Ellis ES. Prince William County Schools. Previously ESOL K-5.
08/2008 – 07/2010 ESOL Teacher Grades 3 - 5. Victory ES. Prince William County Schools.
COACHING, MENTORING, SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
• PLTW and PBL activities with grade level team. Orto Ghillingham pilot group differentiation, 4th grade.
• City gifted identification portfolios.
• Gifted assessment and portfolio samples - 5th and 6th grade Baldwin Intermediate.
• CLT - language analysis, ELL perspective, ELL targets and ELL language objectives.
• Committees member: Gifted Committee, PYP Committee, Instructional development.
• After School Program -Math Remediation Teacher using Math Navigation Program.
• Mentoring student groups for IB PYP Final Year Exhibition.
• Motivational mentoring and SOL test taking strategies.
• 5th grade, 4TH grade and 3rd grade VGLA collection of evidence.
02/2004 – 04/2005 Import Logistics Coordinator. LDI International (French/Romanian Department: Bdul Iuliu Maniu 602B, sect. 6, Bucharest/ Romania).
Responsibilities: Monitoring import logistics operations with International Transport division, satellite supervision of international transport, verification of forms for Customs clearance, national and international customer relations.
• Proficiency in SMS Database, Powerschool Database, ELLevations Database.
• Windows Microsoft Office Suite, various Google Applications.
• Smart Board applications knowledge.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|