After years of experience, I developed unique course material and exam strategies that help every kind of student gain confidence, manage time, and achieve success.
I thoroughly enjoy helping students discover and highlight their full potential. I do this by using a combination of my own course material and exhaustively researched books and online learning tools tailored to each student. I believe that each student is unique, and learning must be tailored to meet each student’s interests, needs, and abilities. In all of my lessons, I use a lot of hand on techniques, drilling of fundamentals, and reviewing of critical errors to ensure improvement.
My Subject Specialties are SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, UKCAT, SAT, English Literature Subject Tests, AP English Language and Literature, IB English HL and SL, TOK, IB Extended
Essays, College Essays, Personal Statements, and Time Management
I am an NYU and USC graduate with degrees in English Literature and Creative Writing. I have over 7 years of teaching experience globally. I was the Head of Academics and Head of College Consulting for test prep companies in Dubai, teaching group and individual SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, IB, and AP exam prep classes with extremely high success rates.
I have also taken courses through UCLA’s prestigious College Counseling program and guided hundreds of students through countless US, British, Canadian, and European university applications. My students have been accepted to UCLA, King’s College London, New York University, Boston University, American University, UC San Diego, UIUC, University of British Columbia, and numerous other schools globally.
I have prepared hundreds of students in the US and Dubai for standardized tests and competitive entrance exams. In addition, I have helped hundreds of students of all ages to improve their writing,
grammar, reading comprehension, and time management skills.
Lessons held in Pasadena and Los Angeles will be charged at $75 per hour to cover cost of travel. I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If notified more than 24 hours in advance, a lesson can be rescheduled. Cancellations received 24 hours before a lesson will be charged.
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, May 2014
• Bachelor of Arts in English, Major GPA 4.0 / 4.0, Overall GPA 3.6 / 4.0
• Dean's List Honors
• Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society
UCLA College Counseling Program, Los Angeles, CA, Fall 2017-Spring 2018
• The Fundamentals of College Admission Counseling, GPA 4.0 / 4.0
• The College Admissions Process, GPA 3.0 / 4.0
Head of Academics, Sage Education Services Dubai, UAE
June 2016-November 2018
• Head of Academic programs and College Counseling for Sage Education Services, a leading education consultancy and exam preparation center in Dubai
• Worked with hundreds of students globally to create university lists, strengthen CVs, apply to summer programs and internships, brainstorm and edit application essays, and submit applications to universities in the US, Canada, and UK
• Planned and implemented admissions seminars for prospective students and parents applying to universities in the US, Canada, and UK
• Created a unique curriculum for SAT, ACT, GMAT, IB, and AP English tutoring programs
• Taught group and individual preparation courses for GMAT, GRE, SAT, ACT, IB, and AP exams
• Head of teacher training for new staff
• Created written content for the company website and landing pages
• Created content for social media marketing platforms including Instagram and Facebook
• Strategic planning for marketing of courses for the Dubai location
Senior Tutor, Brighter Prep Dubai, UAE
• Taught group and individual preparation courses for SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, IELTS, IB, and AP English exams
• Edited curriculum material for SAT, ACT, GMAT, and GRE tutoring programs
• Worked with students and parents to create university lists, strengthen CVs, apply to summer programs and internships, and brainstorm and edit application essays for universities in the US
• Edited MBA program application essays and personal statements
Tutor, Cathleen McCaffery Tutoring Los Angeles, CA
2004 - 2014
• I ran my own tutoring business, including a referral service and working for multiple
families as an independent contractor
• Taught individual students SAT, ACT, AP, IB exam preparation techniques
• Created personalized lesson plans and study schedules for students
Research Assistant, Professor Sarah Gualtieri, University of Southern California
• Archival research on Middle Eastern history and Middle Eastern communities in Los Angeles
• Editing for conference presentations and publications
Research Assistant, Professor Thomas Lyon, Child Development Lab at USC Law School
June - August 2010
• Transcribed videos of court testimonials and assisted with academic research
• Edited testimonials and prepared research for written books,
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Test prep for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||$290||$250|
|10 hours||Not available||$580||$500|