My teaching process is specifically targeted to each student's needs and goals. I typically start off with a diagnostic test and assess the student's strengths and weaknesses. Throughout the process, I work to address problem areas by providing worksheets, homework assignments, and practice tests. It is important for me to be able to meet students halfway, and vice-versa. I care very much about their success.
I graduated from Duke University in May 2019 with a degree in Theater Studies and a minor in English. This summer, I will relocate to Philadelphia to explore the arts community and continue my passion for tutoring.
I've been preparing students for the English and Writing sections of the SAT and the English, Reading and Science sections of the ACT for over four years. I improve students' SAT scores by at least 150 points and improve students' ACT scores by up to 6 points. This past year, all of my SAT students scored above a 700 in the Reading/Writing section and all my ACT students scored above a 30.
Duke University, Bachelor of Arts – Theater Studies, Minor: English May 2019
Pig Iron Theater Company, Philadelphia, PA – Intern July 2019 – Sept 2019
• Will assistant stage manage Superterranean, a devised theater piece designed by Tony Award winner Mimi Lien
Mindspire Tutoring & Test Prep, Durham, NC – Librarian and Proctor March 2019 – Present
• Wrote over 50 sample SAT and ACT questions for the Mindspire ACT Manual and a testing app
• Administered and graded up to 30 free practice SAT and ACT tests each weekend
• Kept stock of, scanned, and catalogued Mindspire’s test prep material
Wyzant, Remote – SAT, ACT and English Tutor Jan 2018 – Present
• Improved students’ SAT scores by at least 120 points and ACT scores by at least 6 points
• Student outcomes include acceptances to University of Southern California and Cornell University (undergraduate) and University of Michigan, Duke University, and UNC-Chapel Hill (medical school)
• Edited essays in English, Public Policy, Biology, Nursing Studies, Music Theory, and Economics
Little Green Pig Theatrical Concern, Durham, NC – Company Member Nov 2015 – May 2017
• Applied theater coursework in acting, dramaturgy and stage management to a professional theater setting
• Attended rehearsals, built sets, coordinated schedules and communicated production information in a fast paced environment
Duke Bass Connections, Durham, NC – Student Researcher June 2015 – December 2015
• Researched the extent to which federal government agencies carried out Retrospective Regulatory Review
• Interviewed NC policy officials about challenges they faced conducting RRR and proposed solutions
Monkey Paw/Monkey Claw Theater, Itinerant – Founder December 2018 – Present
• Created a production company to serve as the vehicle for my work as a director and visual artist
• Produced 3 art shows and directed a one-act play, with plans to direct another in June 2019
• Recruited local Durham, NC actors and designers to participate
Benenson Award in the Arts, Undergraduate Research Office – 2016 and 2019
Outstanding Acting Student Award, Duke Theater Studies – 2019
Illustration; Graphic Design; Acting; Directing; Design; Stage Management; Proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop; Experienced in working with ESL students and adults, primarily Chinese and Russian-speaking students
Fluent in Russian; Beginner German; Beginner Spanish
essay writing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Test prep to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking act prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|