I understand how to help you while making you feel good about what you learn. I am very conscious of keeping my students from feeling overwhelmed or lost.
I meet you wherever you are in your current skill level, and I understand that everybody starts a given topic as a complete beginner. Learning with me is enjoyable and empowering.
As a tutor, I try to impart my passion for the subjects that I teach. For example, I strive to develop the applications and fundamental interconnections, so as to impart a greater interest in both the subject, and in learning generally, to the students with whom I work.
I have experience as both a front-end developer (AngularJS, Backbone.js, jQuery, and React) and a full-stack developer (Java and PHP).
I also have a background in education, with many hours of professional experience doing private tutoring, working in learning centers, and doing other work in the education space.
Primary technical skillset:
Primary non-technical strength:
• Interdisciplinary communication: working effectively with Product, UX, QA, and other roles
SELECTED WORK EXPERIENCE
U.GROUP (June 2018-Present) - Software Dev. -> Senior Software Dev. -> Manager and Lead Software Dev.
• Served as integration technical lead on a project that won U.Group ~$60 million in new work
• Promoted twice in less than 1 year
• Have served as a technical lead since October 2018
• Appointed to also do Functional Manager/People Manger work, starting in June 2019
• Tools including: Spring Boot (Java 8+), Angular 5, Sass, React, Protractor, Concourse, Docker, Terraform (AWS as cloud provider), Maven, and npm
• AWS services worked with hands-on so far include: ECS, ALB, ELB, EC2, ElasticSearch Service, CloudWatch, VPC (various sub-services), Route 53, Auto Scaling, IAM, S3, ECR, and EKS
SPARTA SYSTEMS (March 2017-March 2018) - Software Developer
• Successfully delivered numerous features on a Camunda-driven application for manufacturers
• Tools including: Java EE, Camunda and BPMN, Backbone.js, AWS, Jenkins, Hibernate, Junit, and Maven
INFOGROUP (August 2016-February 2017; full-time) - Software Developer
• Work on a sales and marketing application that shipped successfully and on schedule
• Tools including: React (ES6 with JSX), webpack, Less, Sass, npm, ESLint, and Babel
MADWIRE (April 2016-August 2016; full-time) - Web Developer
• Successful delivery of numerous features in an application used to track leads, track sales, do reporting,
PAYCHEX, INC. (March 2015-March 2016) - Developer I
• Payroll software development for Paychex, the second largest payroll company in the United States.
• Tools including: AngularJS, npm, Grunt, Jasmine, Less, and RequireJS
PEOPLES EDUCATION (August 2014-November 2014) - Web Developer
• Contract work, through TEKsystems Inc., on education software data. Tools: HTML, CCS, and some SQL.
SOFTWARE CONSULTING WORK (SELF-EMPLOYMENT) (September 2009-March 2018; part-time, intermittent)
WILLIAMS COLLEGE (Fall 2007 – Spring 2011; 3.36 GPA) Williamstown, MA
• Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in astronomy, June 2011.
• Dean’s List, Williams College (Fall 2007, Fall 2010)
Bradley is a fantastic teacher focused on helping you truly understand how to code. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and patient. I can't recommend him enough if you want to learn more about how to code.
I've known Bradley for a couple of years through work. He is a great leader and a true mentor. He is excellent at explaining complex things in a simple way. Everyone at the company wanted to be on Brad's team.
He is friendly, professional, and goes the extra mile to make sure concepts are fully understood.
I’ve known Brad for a couple of years now, he is my go-to resource when I need to pick up new skills, or I’m stuck on a difficult issue.
Brad’s teaching and mentorship has taken me from zero to hero on several subjects. He has helped launch my tech career and and he continues to help me navigate the waters along the way.
I highly recommend Brad as a teacher, his teaching style is unassuming, patient, and thorough. You can’t go wrong here.
computer programming lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest HTML lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer languages lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$55|