I approach each topic by focusing on common mistakes I have learned to avoid, then demonstrating the better methods that have worked for me. When it comes to drawing people, for example, there are certain guidelines that help me with properly proportioning the face and body.
I am an undergraduate student at UVA studying both fine arts and computer science. I am a self-taught fine artist with experience in a wide variety of mediums- from oil to watercolor to acrylic to polymer clay and even photography- having experimented with art since I was young.
Related Work Experience:
- FoodnCute, Etsy — Small Business Owner
October 2013 - Current
Owns and operates a small online business selling handmade clay jewelry and charms.
- Abrams Wearable- Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria, VA — Intern (unpaid)
May 2019 - Current
Works alongside Natalie Abrams in her residential studio while learning the steps to developing a successful art and jewelry business
February 2014- Current
Makes creative how-to videos involving polymer clay, painting, and various art materials. Many videos revolve around the creation of miniature food from clay.
February 2018- June 2018
Broadened my knowledge pertaining to the challenges of autism, dyslexia, and delayed speech development while assisting 4 children with reading and homework. I grew to learn the best ways to respond to and teach these children over my time with them.
- 2017 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards won two honorable mentions for excellence in the visual arts
- 2018 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards won two silver keys and one honorable mention for excellence in the visual arts
- 2019 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards won one gold key and one silver key for excellence in the visual arts
- 2019 McLean Islamic Center American Muslims Competition First Place Winner in the 15-18 year old category
- Artwork published in Spring 2019 Celebrating Art Book 2019
- 2018 TR Cook Youth Awards of Excellence in recognition of outstanding achievement in fine & performing arts
- Class of 2019 T-Shirt design contest winner
- Outstanding Achievement in Computer Graphics 2015/16 and 2016/17
- Outstanding Achievement in 2D Art III 2017/18
drawing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, watercolor painting lessons for all!
Taking acrylic paint lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$14|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$70|