My teaching method is based on the tried and true language learning strategies that I used in order to become fluent. This consists of:
-Actually speaking the language to gain confidence and pronunciation mastery
-Reviewing key vocab words in topics that interest you most in order to start communicating faster
-Studying the history and culture of Spain and Latin America to immerse yourself in the language
I am fluent in Spanish and extremely enthusiastic about the language and the culture behind it!
I have degrees in Spanish and Latin American studies. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and internship experience at a major consulting firm in Mexico City. I also lived in Panama for two years as a service missionary for the church I attend.
The University of Utah Graduation: August 2020
Salt Lake City, Utah
• B.A. in International Studies, Latin American Studies, and Spanish
• Cumulative GPA 4.0 (Summa Cum Laude)
• Member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
• Dean’s List (Seven times)
Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition Iberian Spanish Literature
Latin American Literature History and Civ. of Spain and Lat. America
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints June 2015 – May 2017
Service Missionary Panama City, Panama
• Organized and participated in several service projects including: painting a public school, cleaning yards, and digging ditches for a water system.
• Prepared and presented religious discourses to a group of 60 people on a weekly basis.
• Calculated and managed donations of a congregation of more than 300 people to properly distribute funds to the needy.
• Led a group of 12 missionaries in setting goals, communicating effectively, and managing time.
Grupo Estrategia Política January 2019 – April 2019
Policy Consultant Mexico City, Mexico
• Analyzed and summarized macroeconomic data and public policy trends in strategic weekly briefings for executives of transnational corporations based in Mexico.
• Compiled financial statistics relevant to the clients’ business strategies in Latin America and conducted meetings to recommend the most effective course of action.
• Translated documents related to legislative procedure and market operations so as to ensure clear communication between business leaders in the United States and Mexico.
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Fluent in Spanish
• Eagle Scout Award
• 164 LSAT score (89th percentile)
Coleby is a trustworthy teacher because he has proven to be accomplished and qualified in all aspects of the language. He is goal oriented and really wants to see progress in his students. This isn’t your basic Rosetta Stone where you’ll give up in a week because you didn’t learn anything. He is a great guy and teacher. It was a privilege to have him instruct me and help cement my understanding of Spanish.
Coleby is a remarkable teacher and an impressive Spanish speaker. He knows how to differentiate between accents and understands the cultural contexts of the many Spanish speaking countries. He loves to help others improve their Spanish speaking abilities. He has helped my two boys immensely. I can’t thank him enough!
Coleby is great teacher! He actually cares about each student individually and wants them to improve. He’s also very nice and doesn’t pressure you. I’ve learned so much and improved immensely in the time I’ve been studying with him.10/10 would recommend.
Coleby is an excellent teacher. He is patient, kind, and willing to work hard to help students achieve their language goals. Plus, he loves Spanish and is a fabulous speaker. I highly recommend his services.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$21||$21|
|5 hours||Not available||$80||$105|
|10 hours||Not available||$160||$210|