I cater my teaching method to each student that I work with. In my opinion, teaching styles should be what works best for the student, not what I'm most comfortable with! I constantly pursue further education to ensure that I can meet the needs of students with all types of learning styles.
My tutoring is typically non-directive in style; I lead the student to find answers for themselves rather than repetitively telling them what I think the answers are. In beginner language lessons, I employ many types of input, from lists, to charts, to stories, to audio and video experiences, to help my students retain the information we learn!
I finished my undergraduate education this winter (with BAs in Spanish, English, and Environmental Studies) and am heading to grad school in the fall to work towards an MA and PhD in Spanish Literature! I hope to be a Spanish professor in the future, since language and teaching are my passions. I have tutored Spanish for the past three years, including online, and have been trained as a writing tutor as well. I have worked with students in English, Spanish, and more, teaching from the basics of a language up to advanced literary analysis skills and essay writing.
I would prefer not to travel or have students in my home until global health improves, so traveling will cost more than having lessons online. If you are insistent on meeting in person, we will have to work out some safety agreements!
I'm happy to tutor more than one student at a time. My base fee for online tutoring is $12 and will increase by $5 with each student added. My base fee for in-person tutoring is $12 and will increase by $10 for each added student.
- Dickinson College, February 2021
o Spanish, English, and Environmental Studies majors
o Cumulative GPA: 3.83
- High School, 2017
- Spanish, English, and Writing Tutor for TutorMe Online Tutoring 2020-present
- Spanish Conversation Associate at Dickinson College’s Multilingual 2020
- Research Assistant for a Professor in Dickinson’s Spanish Department 2020
- Writing Associate for a First Year Seminar at Dickinson College 2019
- Dana Research Assistant for a Professor in Dickinson’s Spanish 2019
- Peer Tutor for Spanish at Dickinson College 2019-2020
- Spanish Writing Tutor at Dickinson College’s Multilingual Writing 2019-2020
- Bath and Body Works Associate 2018-present
- Dickinson College Music Department Set Up Crew 2018-2020
- Transcription Services for Rev 2018
- Head Pit Instructor at High School District 2017-2018
- Hostess at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store 2015-2019
- Educator at Mechanicsburg Recreational Board Environmental Camps 2015-2018
Extracurriculars, Activities, and Community Service
- National Spanish Honor Society Sigma Delta Pi 2020-present
- Chosen presenter at NeMLA’s second annual Undergraduate Forum 2019-2020
- Portuguese Club at Dickinson College 2019-present
- Spanish Club at Dickinson College 2018-present
- Random Acts of Kindness Club at Dickinson College 2017-2019
o Vice President 2018-2019
- Cadets 2 Drum Corps 2016-2018
o Front Ensemble Section Leader 2017-2018
- Volunteer Educator and Camp Counselor at Mechanicsburg 2010-2014
Recreational Board Environmental Camps
- Member of the Girl Scouts of America 2004-present
o Lifetime member
Kara has been learning Spanish since a young age and is completely fluent in the language. Patient and invested in your understanding, there is not another tutor I could recommend!
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$12|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$60|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$120|