I have a BA in communications from Florida Atlantic University. I have 3+ years of experience as a classroom teacher and I hols and up to date certification in Middle Grades Science from the Florida Department of Education. I am very familiar with the standards upon which Florida students will be assessed in science and I tailor my instruction to those standards.
I am new to tutoring but I have extensive experience as a classroom teacher. I taught in public and public/charter schools. My prior teaching experience also includes language arts and history. I have taught students in grade levels 5th through 11th.
Middle School Science Teacher - Eagle Arts Academy, Wellington, FL 2016
Classroom instructor for 6th & 8th grade science.
• Instruct pupils in science as per the Sunshine State Standards.
• Tailor instruction as per student needs, including making accommodations for ESE students.
• Maintain a positive, healthy and engaging classroom environment.
Digital Asset Manager/Production Assistant - Multi Image Group, Boca Raton, FL 2013 - 2015
Digital archivist for the video department of an event production company.
• Duties also included: media librarian, assistant editor, lighting technician & grip.
• Created a new media library and developed a proprietary system for data storage and retrieval.
• Maintained chain of custody for raw video files, and administered an archival system for deep storage on LTO cartridges.
• Managed media and supplies for production schedule.
News Editor and Feeds Coordinator - WPBF-TV Channel 25, West Palm Beach, FL 2007 - 2013
News editor for ABC affiliate in a top 40 broadcast market.
• Created polished video sequences for broadcast in a deadline driven environment.
• Coordinated satellite and microwave feeds from network, field reporters and remote locations.
• Archived video for file.
English/Language Arts & Reading Teacher - Santaluces High School, Lantana, FL 2005 - 2006
Instructed pupils in Reading and English.
• Maintained accurate and meticulous academic and disciplinary records.
• Assisted in developing a departmental multimedia strategy to increase reading comprehension skills.
• Successfully completed beginning teacher training program.
• Provided progress reports upon request for students or parents.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$90||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$170||Not available|