I like to approach topics by using a visual aid (such as a diagram) and explaining the importance. I also frequently ask the student questions to ensure he/she is understanding the material properly and can apply it. Oftentimes, I will have the student explain a topic to me to ensure he/she is on the right track.
I have been tutoring students of all ages for about three years, specifically in Biology-related subjects. Many of the students I have taught have aspirations towards health related fields, such as medicine, and I have helped them get closer to their goals. I myself will be attending medical school this coming fall, and I plan to use my knowledge and experiences to aid others.
Butler University, August 2015 – Present
• Current GPA 3.97/4.0
• Bachelor of Science in Biology, anticipated May 2019
Honors and Awards
W. Leroy Portteus Scholar – Academic Scholarship, 2017-2018 & 2018-2019
Dean’s List – Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2018
Kristi Schultz Broughton Liberal Arts Essay Contest, Winner, 2016-2017
Butler University Top 15 Most Outstanding Student – 2018
Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Butler University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Summer Institute, Summer Research Intern, May 2017 – August 2017
Project: General Characterization of Telomerase Activity in Selaginella Moellendorffii. Advisor: Dr. Nat Hauck, PhD
• Led a project in the Butler genetics lab throughout the summer and was trained to operate the lab independently
• Conducted numerous genetics lab procedures and utilized tools and programs relevant to the research
• Presented a poster on my completed research project at the conclusion of the summer
Butler University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Laboratory Teacher’s Assistant, August 2016 – Present
• Led lab sessions for the entire academic year as a laboratory teacher’s assistant
• Responsible for operating the laboratory and preparing buffers and solutions alongside the professor
• Taught students how to conduct lab procedures including HeLa cell culturing and immunofluorescence microscopy
Butler University, Personal Fitness Trainer, August 2017 – Present
• Became certified as a personal trainer this year to share my passion for fitness with others
• Work with clients from various backgrounds and age groups to construct a workout regimen that can help them meet their fitness goals in a safe and supportive environment
• Stay up-to-date on the latest discoveries in the health industry
Extracurricular Activities and Community Service:
Reading Aide, James W Riley Elementary School, August 2017 – December 2017
• Volunteer weekly as a teacher to assist 1st grade students with proper reading techniques, pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary
Student Leader, Biology Study Tables, August 2017 – Present
• Work with my peers to answer biology-related questions and help mentor students throughout their courses
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|