I cater my teaching method to each student that I work with. In my opinion, teaching styles should be what works best for the student, not what I'm most comfortable with! I constantly pursue further education to ensure that I can meet the needs of students with all types of learning styles.
My tutoring is typically non-directive in style; I lead the student to find answers for themselves rather than repetitively telling them what I think the answers are. In beginner language lessons, I employ many types of input, from lists, to charts, to stories, to audio and video experiences, to help my students retain the information we learn!
I have bachelor's degrees in Spanish, English, and Environmental Studies. I hope to be a Spanish professor someday and am applying for graduate programs! Teaching and learning languages is definitely a main passion of mine- I've taken courses in Portuguese and French as well. Teaching experience: 3 years teaching environmental summer camps for kids; 2 years teaching percussion for a group of high schoolers; 2 years of being a Spanish writing tutor for my university's Multilingual Writing Center; 2 years of being a Spanish peer tutor for my university; 1 semester of being a Conversation Associate for Spanish at my university's Multilingual Writing Center
- Dickinson College, February 2021
o Spanish, English, and Environmental Studies majors
o Current cumulative GPA: 3.8
- Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School, 2017
- Spanish, English, and Writing Tutor for TutorMe Online Tutoring 2020-present
- Spanish Conversation Associate at Dickinson College’s Multilingual 2020
- Research Assistant for a Professor in Dickinson’s Spanish Department 2020
- Writing Associate for a First Year Seminar at Dickinson College 2019
- Dana Research Assistant for a Professor in Dickinson’s Spanish 2019
- Peer Tutor for Spanish at Dickinson College 2019-2020
- Spanish Writing Tutor at Dickinson College’s Multilingual Writing 2019-2020
- Bath and Body Works Associate 2018-present
- Dickinson College Music Department Set Up Crew 2018-2020
- Transcription Services for Rev 2018
- Head Pit Instructor at Susquehanna Township School District 2017-2018
- Hostess at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store 2015-2019
- Educator at Mechanicsburg Recreational Board Environmental Camps 2015-2018
Extracurriculars, Activities, and Community Service
- National Spanish Honor Society Sigma Delta Pi 2020-present
- Chosen presenter at NeMLA’s second annual Undergraduate Forum 2019-2020
- Portuguese Club at Dickinson College 2019-present
- Spanish Club at Dickinson College 2018-present
- Random Acts of Kindness Club at Dickinson College 2017-2019
o Vice President 2018-2019
- Cadets 2 Drum Corps 2016-2018
o Front Ensemble Section Leader 2017-2018
- Volunteer Educator and Camp Counselor at Mechanicsburg 2010-2014
Recreational Board Environmental Camps
- Member of the Girl Scouts of America 2004-present
o Lifetime member
Kara has been learning Spanish since a young age and is completely fluent in the language. Patient and invested in your understanding, there is not another tutor I could recommend!
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|