I live by the statement that there are no stupid questions! Asking questions not only helps us understand the topic better, but also encourages exploration and looking at the subject from different points of view. The more questions the better - I am here to help.
I am enthusiastic and passionate about education and learning. I encourage students to throw themselves into the subject to the best of their ability, even if it may not be their favorite. There is always something to learn and enjoy if you keep an open and inquisitive mind.
I received my B.A. in English Literature and Journalism from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA and I recently completed my M.S. in Global Affairs and Transnational Security from New York University in New York, NY.
I have extensive knowledge and experience in writing, research, creating editorial and media content, as well as international relations, and security issues. I have worked for and with organizations like the United Nations, Stanford University, and the United States State Department.
New York University, New York, NY, September 2020
Masters of Science in Global Affairs
Concentration in Transnational Security
Loyola Marymount University (Cum Laude), Los Angeles, CA, May 2017
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
Minor in Journalism
United States Department of State Global Engagement Center, Washington, DC
Consulting Practicum Jan 2020 – May 2020
• Developed a threat assessment and strategic communications plan for the State Department and their partners in the Balkans
• Provided research that counters terrorist recruitment and promotes reintegration in the Balkans by understanding how groups are recruited, what factors motivate radicalized involvement, as well as best practices to counter recruitment
• Created a research-based infographic and report, which will be utilized and distributed by the Global Engagement Center and their partners, that encapsulates a combination of counter terrorism messages, recommendations on how to efficiently and safely move forward, as well as how to successfully reintegrate the returning foreign fighters
Counterterrorism and Homeland Security in Belfast and London, New York, NY
Global Field Intensive April 2019 – June 2019
• Participated in a global field intensive offered through NYU which took an in-depth examination of the causes of ethnic
conflict and terrorism in Northern Ireland and the ways in which different Loyalist and Republican terrorist groups mobilized
support, designated territory, and carried out operations
• In London, we examined how the UK is addressing the threat posed by far right and Islamist terrorism and how the terrorist
threat and the UK’s counterterrorism strategy has evolved over time
• Analyzed and researched the relationship between ideology and terrorism and whether or not it is necessary to examine and
consider ideology in counterterrorism strategies
U.S. Army War College International Strategic Crisis Negotiation Exercise, New York, NY
Team Communicator Feb 2019
• The exercise reflected the unfolding real-world situation regarding the nuclear and missile crisis between the United States,
the Republic of Korea, and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
• Revived and revisited the Six-Party Talks between United States, China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, and North Korea, that
were held from 2003 to 2008, as the best multilateral option to facilitate an immediate reduction in tensions and attempt to
advance the situation toward a peaceful solution
• As Team Communicator for the United States, I was my delegation’s sole point of contact with the exercise control team and
was therefore responsible for scheduling and processing ad hoc negotiation requests, sending/receiving press releases, team to-team communication, and diplomatic communiques
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Communications and Service Design Specialist Mar 2018 – Dec 2018
• Managed and helped create an online Safety Store, using the management platform WooCommerce, and included over 100 items and resources for Stanford students and researchers to buy or procure to help assist their research projects
• Developed strategies for effective communication services, through close working relationships with all 3 Research Safety groups within the Environmental Health & Safety Department
• Trained a group of individuals on the Trello project management platform, as well as Excel Sheets as a form of documentation and inventory, to allow staffers to fulfill orders in the Safety Store more efficiently
• Photographed and edited professional quality photos for supplemental materials including trainings, marketing documents, website content, and instructional manuals
• Utilized the Adobe Creative Suite to create internal documents and manuals that supported the department’s core mission
• Contributed to the Service Design team focused on solving issues within our website to better serve users: conducted in person and online surveys then worked within the group to create blueprint methods for solutions
• Created a bimonthly, department-wide newsletter using the platform Constant Contact: Produced categories and collected content from each group within the department in order to write the articles and take photographs accordingly
United Nations, Women, New York, NY
Communications Intern for Social Media Outreach Sept 2017 – Jan 2018
• Managed and produced content for various UN Women social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
• Responsible for researching educational content as well as scheduling posts for Twitter using the platform Hootsuite
• Supported and contributed to UN Women’s involvement during the UN General Assembly by compiling quotes of gender equality and women empowerment from Presidents and representatives around the globe
• Actively monitored mentions, questions, and comments on different social media platforms and responded accordingly
• Maintained positive and impactful relationships with other organizations by creating posts in support of their specific social media packages that they promoted
I Am That Girl Non-Profit Organization, Los Angeles, CA
Social Media Coordinator Dec 2016 – Aug 2017
• Launched and managed new chapters globally including interviewing candidates and reviewing their applications for starting chapters at their respected universities
• Contributed in creating weekly documents that outlined discussion topics each university chapter president must emphasize in their meetings
• Curated content for Facebook page and mobile application to drive brand awareness: Promoted community involvement by discussing current events
• Contributed to the execution of annual I Am That Girl convention which hosted I Am That Girl chapters from universities worldwide
Founder and President of I Am That Girl Loyola Marymount University Chapter Sept 2016 – May 2017
• Wrote chapter’s constitution and regulations: recognizing the chapter as an official student organization through the university as well as by the national I Am That Girl organization
• Recruited members, trained, and delegated Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary positions
• Coordinated and organized major events: bringing together multiple I Am That Girl university chapters and keynote speakers to raise awareness about the organization
Sunrise Senior Living Center Los Angeles, CA
• Aided the elderly in the completion of their daily activities and established a relationship with them April 2016 – May 2017
Dreamcatcher of Los Angeles Therapeutic Riding Center Los Angeles, CA
• Took children with special needs horseback riding: assured that they stayed on the saddle April 2016 – May 2017
• Aided them in the completion of physical and mental exercises
Take Back the Night Speech at Loyola Marymount University Los Angeles, CA
• Volunteered to speak in front of students, peers, faculty, and community with the objective to April 2017
bring awareness to and create conversation around sexual assault
Ignation Leadership Institute at Loyola Marymount University May 2017
• Recognized for completing three academic modules based on the Social Change Model of Leadership Development as well as presented a final Capstone Project
Tau Sigma National Honor Society Jan 2017 – May 2017
• Honor Society that recognizes and promotes academic excellence of students
Knott Fellowship Scholarship Award at Loyola Marymount University May 2016
• Competed amongst other student applicants within the Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts and was awarded for successfully completing a script as well as a professional internship
English – Native Proficiency
Assyrian –Native Proficiency
Gisella has not only helped me with writing papers/essays but also with resume and cover letter building. She has also provided learning tips on the best ways to perform research, ensuring long term success!
I am proud to be Gisella's father. She is a highly driven and knowledgeable professional with excellent communication skills and people acumen anchored by strong family values, integrity, and high standards.
I had Gisella’s help with my cover letters, and essays. Gisella has a lot of experience and knowledge. She took the time to explain difficult concepts and loves teaching and she is very patient. She will do her best.
Gisella is a very helpful, approachable, and knowledgeable tutor. She takes the time to break down difficult topics for easier understanding. She is highly recommended!
Gisella has a wonderful rapport with people of all ages. With great initiative and a positive attitude, she's able to connect with her students and explain difficult concepts. She also has excellent written and verbal communication skills. I highly recommend Gisella as a tutor.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|