I give lessons to anyone seeking help in all topics in math from 1st - 12th grade and college level math. As a student, I understand the struggle of feeling like you're not smart enough when you don't understand a topic or concept. My priority is to give students a safe space to ask any questions they have and ensure they feel heard, respected and leave each session understanding more about the topic. I help students understand problems by breaking it down to the fundamentals and going through simpler problems then building it back up to the core question.
I am a graduate student earning a masters degree in mathematics at Claremont Graduate University, and a former division 3 basketball player at Bryn Mawr College where I also earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics. I completed the International Baccalaureate program in high school and took higher level mathematics, I took various math courses in undergrad. I've tutored students of all ages from basic fractions to calculus and college level probability and statistics. I've been tutoring sporadically for about 8 years and I've helped over 50 students. With my help, they've been able to understand the concepts, improve grades and have pleasant conversations about Disney and sports during sessions.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Former Division III athlete and math major skilled in applied mathematics. Seeking opportunities to tutor students in math.
Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA M.S. Candidate December 2021
Master of Science in Mathematics
Relevant Courses: Discrete Mathematical Modeling, Methods of Applied Mathematics, Numerical Methods for Matrix Computation, Probability, Continuous Mathematical Modeling.
Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA A.B. Candidate May 2020
Major in Mathematics
Relevant Courses: Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra, Computational Modeling, Transitions to Higher Mathematics, Transitions to Higher Mathematics, Differential Equations, Mathematical Modelling, Enumerative Combinatorics, Actuarial Mathematics, Mathematical Methods of the Physical Sciences, Financial Mathematics.
Summer in Science Program, Bryn Mawr College STEM Department June 2018 – August 2018
• Funded $5,000 for working at the Philadelphia Street Lighting Department.
• Determined the cost and energy savings of converting all Philadelphia streetlights to LED lights.
• Used GIS system and software designed for monitoring LED lights.
• Provided data Philadelphia is currently using in their plan to covert streetlights to LED lights.
Student Assistant to Accounts Coordinator, Bryn Mawr College February 2018 – May 2020
• Invoice preparation and statement research for dining services of Bryn Mawr College and Haverford College
Math Grader, Bryn Mawr College Math Department September 2018 – December 2018
September 2017 – December 2017
• Graded math calculus 2 of 23 students (2018) and probabilities and statistics students of 40 students (2017)
• Provided feedback on problems for each homework and assignment of both classes
Game Consultant, Junior Achievements, Lagos, Nigeria June 2017 – August 2017
• Advised winners of nationwide math competition in Nigeria on math board game they created.
• Illustrated how to make it fun and educational for a variety of age groups.
• Currently sold in retail stores across Nigeria.
Teaching Assistant, Bryn Mawr College Math Department January 2017 – May 2017
• Provided assistance in probabilities and statistics to over 25 students.
• Held problem sessions 2 times per week to help students in certain topics and preparations for tests and exams.
Basketball, Bryn Mawr College August 2016 – May 2020
• Player on the NCAA Division III basketball team of Bryn Mawr College.
• Hold record for most blocks in a game by a player in Bryn Mawr history.
• Ray Tharan Award winner. Given to a senior/faculty who shows spirit, enthusiasm and support to many athletic teams.
Student Athletes Advisory Committee (SAAC), Bryn Mawr College August 2019 –May 2020
• Co-Head of Diversity & Inclusion of SAAC
• Aim to bridge gap between student athletes and non-student athletes.
• Address the inequalities present in our community and take a stance on prevalent issues.
• Host multiple events engaging the community.
Language: French (Fluent)
Computer: LaTeX, R, Mathematica, MATLAB, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop
Meagan is an outstanding tutor. As someone who struggles with STEM courses, Meagan was essential to my success in my Advanced Calculus course. She does a great job of breaking down complex subject matter into digestible parts and was incredibly patient in answering all my questions. My favorite part about her tutoring style is that she's very adaptive, even going so far as to explain a topic in multiple ways. I always say that if someone can transform a complicated idea into something a child can understand, then they're a great teacher - and Meagan can do just that! I can't recommend her enough and will undoubtedly look to her for any future help.
Meagan is absolutely amazing. She helped me pass Calculus I & II and definitely could not have done it without her.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$37|