My lessons are specifically designed and individualized to best help my students. My lessons target the gaps in my student's understanding and empower them to use their own intuition and knowledge to solve whatever problems, creating healthy habits that can be relied on in any class. I am easy-going while focused, which establishes a comfortable and productive learning environment.
I have been tutoring ESL, Science courses, and Math to students individually or in group settings for over four years. Whether it has been explaining mitosis and meiosis to students as a Teaching Assistant for Anatomy and Physiology or helping second graders with difficult word pronunciation, I ensure that my students feel comfortable, confident, and excited to learn.
University of Massachusetts Honors College, Amherst – B.S. in Pre-Med Kinesiology (2014-2018)
GPA: 3.96 - summa cum laude - Dean's List All Semesters
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute | Harvard Medical School Boston, MA
Project Viva Senior Research Assistant September 2018 – Present
• Manage multiple participant-based initiatives to contribute to the success of Project Viva, a longitudinal research study of women and children primarily funded by the National Institutes of Health
• Conducted over 100 four-hour onsite and offsite visits with research participants to obtain informed consent, administer questionnaires, collect bio-specimen samples, and obtain clinical measurements
• Perform and analyze DXA scans while strictly following the necessary quality control protocols as mandated by the International Society for Bone Densitometry
• Maintain accurate and complete documentation of participant data in study databases using Microsoft office programs
• Communicate weekly with 50 research participants for scheduling visits and following up as appropriate
Behavioral Medicine Laboratory Amherst, MA
Research Assistant September 2016 – May 2018
• Contributed to development and implementation of research experiments to further understand behavioral economics through data entry, collection, analysis and visualization
• Engaged in education programs and stayed abreast of new Kinesiology publications to conduct literature reviews
• Presented abstracts and research findings at national conferences, including the New England American College of Sports Medicine
• Created and designed the look, layout and features of the laboratory website using WordPress software
• Recruited, scheduled, and retained research participants through regular communication
Marathon Physical Therapy Norwood, MA
Exercise Specialist June 2016 - August 2018
• Demonstrated, cued, and assisted multiple patients at a time through exercises while providing proper technique in order to improve their health
• Collaborated with physical therapists to develop exercise plans and achieved the optimal utilization of clinic resources
• Supported patient satisfaction and retention by promoting a positive atmosphere
Move Together San Pedro Sacatepéquez, Guatemala
Physical Therapy Aide May 2018 – September 2018
• Collaborated with a team consisting of physical therapists, local clinicians, and student physical therapists to provide treatment to the local community of San Pedro Sacatepéquez
• Assisted in the renovation and internal construction at a medical center to integrate a new physical therapy center
CERTIFICATIONS & ADDITIONAL SKILLS
• Introduction to Data Analysis Using Excel Certification
• Python Data Structures Certification
• MS Office Programs, REDCap, WordPress, Hologic Software, Adobe Dreamweaver
Alec has years working with children. They listen and respect him. He’s always very professional but makes learning fun. I always get positive feedback from all the students that have worked with him. He’s extremely knowledgeable and makes it easy for the kids to ask questions.
Alec has taught me so much in math. He is always so encouraging and always helping me when I need it!
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|