I always ensure that I build rapport with my student, followed by a thorough needs analysis to make sure that I have identified both strengths and areas needing improvement. I then work around understanding the learning style of the student (e.g. visual learner, auditory etc) and ensure that all activities are empowering, engaging and life-changing. Together, we develop tangible and attainable goals.
I am an Education Specialist and I have coached hundreds of people around the world (including elementary, middle and high school students and adults) in the following areas: Positive Psychology, Stress Management, Counseling, Languages, Cultural Diversity and School subjects such as Careers, ESL and Literacy.
GENERATION READY, New York, USA, 2016 - present
• Coaching and Mentoring teachers across New York and New Orleans which has impacted over 100 teachers and leaders and enabled school growth of up to 7 times the national average.
• Preparing educational resources to which have improved teaching pedagogy as well as school-wide learning outcomes (i.e. development of tracking system for student growth).
• Curriculum Development for over 12 schools which enabled effective teaching, which included research-based theories for effective teaching practices, for instance, Bloom’s Taxonomy, DOK and Multiple Intelligences.
OVERNEWTON ANGLICAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Melbourne, Australia, 2015 - 2016
Educator and Teacher Mentor
• Teacher of Grade 11 Business Management, Psychology, Religious Education and Year 10 Careers to around 150 students where I produced around a 95% passing rate and due to popularity of my teaching methodology, opened 3 additional Psychology.
• Teacher Coach and Mentor of university students, which produced an end result of ‘highly effective’ for their overall evaluation.
• Delivered workshops in Effective Teaching and Learning to over 200 teachers.
LEAP ED, Kuala Lumpur, 2014 - 2015
Educational Product and Program Developer and Teacher Trainer
• Developed curriculum for the Ministry of Education:
Differentiated Teaching and Learning and Coaching and Mentoring, which impacted over thousands of teacher’s nation-wide across the Malaysia Peninsular.
• Graphic Design & Editing of the final end product of a million dollar curriculum.
• Trained over 1000 teachers across over Malaysia in Coaching and Mentoring and received 100% teacher satisfaction and positive impact, training teachers and coaches across multiple districts.
• Developed professional development seminars for Educational faculties across Malaysian Universities (Penang and Kedah), where staff was impacted greatly as shown in my gathering of feedback.
DIPLOMATIC LANGUAGE SERVICES, Rosslyn, Virginia, 2013 - 2014
Master Curriculum Developer
• Developed curriculum (Facilitator’s Guide and Participant’s Workbook) for US Navy SEALs (for six languages) in mission-related tasks prior deployment: Naval Special Warfare Project IAT (Initial Acquisition Training). A lot of this curriculum entailed the blended learning approach, interactive activities and performance-based assessments.
• Trained six language teams (developers and managers) on the methodology behind the Initial Acquisition Training content.
• Worked collaboratively with project managers to develop curriculum training at the
Coronado Naval base, California.
• Awarded ‘Employee of the Month’ for being an outstanding team member- having a positive attitude, consistently meeting deadlines and being very supportive for the entire team.
ELIOT-HINES MIDDLE SCHOOL & LANGLEY EDUCATION CAMPUS (DCPS), Washington D.C, 2011 - 2012
Chinese/Social Studies Educator
• Introduced for the first time in the schools’ 9-year history, a Chinese Language Course.
• Developed and implemented curriculum for Beginner’s and Intermediate Chinese (Mandarin) and Social Studies to middle school students in Grades 7 and 8.
LYCEE DE FRANCAIS, New York City, 2011 (short term contract)
• Taught Beginner’s, Intermediate and Advanced Chinese to students in Grades 7-12 based on the French Education System. Students all passed with either Honors or High Distinctions.
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, Miami, Florida, 2010-2011
Chinese Instructor (online)
• Trained students how to use the universities educational platform.
• Developed tests and assessments.
• Instructed students in Chinese (Mandarin) where each student across the U.S passed at a high level.
positive psychology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest stress management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, personal coaching lessons for all!
Taking life coaching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|