My most preferred teaching approach is guided discovery teaching. I like to begin with warm up to get students motivated. Next, I introduce the topic and the objectives, followed by examples, then analysis, then summary of discovered patterns or concept.
I am an Education major with over 13 years teaching ESL in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. I have taught more than 1000 students over the years. My students have gone on to write and pass the IELTS and TOEFL tests.
Cancellation and refund is accepted if made 24 hours before the lesson session. Funds for lessons cancelled on time can be transferred to future lessons.
April 2020 Dec 2020 Data Analysis Associate, International Consortium for Multilingual Excellence in Education (ICMEE) project, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA.
• Performed descriptive and inferential statistical analysis of survey data collected from project workshop participants, using SPSS statistical software and Microsoft excel.
Dec 2018 Chemistry Teacher, Saigon International College, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Prepared lesson plans and study materials for grades 10, 11 and 12
• Graded and provided feedback on students’ investigation reports.
• Prepared, supervised, and graded assignments, tests, and examinations
• Computed results of students and submitted reports to the school administration
• Prepared materials and facilitated Chemistry inquiry activities (experiments, investigations, lab report writing, summative assessments and presentations).
• Helped grade 12 students to prepare for the Western Australian Certificate of Education examinations.
• Delivered classroom instruction following lesson plans.
May 2007- Dec 2012 English Teacher, New Vietnamese American Training Center, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
• Prepared lesson plans and taught English as a Foreign Language (reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills) to students of all age groups and at all levels.
• Helped students to improve competence in communicating using English.
Jan 2007-Jan 2010 English Language teacher, Saigon Institute of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Prepared lesson plans and taught English as a foreign Language (listening and speaking skills) to high school graduates preparing for college studies.
• Conducted mid-term and end of semester assessments and presented results to the academic officer
June 2004-Oct 2004 English Language Instructor, University of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Prepared lesson plans and taught English as a foreign language (listening and speaking skills) to working adults preparing for college studies in English.
Jan 2019- Dec 2020 Master of Arts in Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education.
Mar 2010-April 2012 Master of Project Management Degree, University of Southern Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Jul 2002 Bachelor of Science ( Hons) Degree in Environmental Science, University of Buea, Cameroon.
• Graduated with a Second Class Upper
Dec 2003 Certificate in Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).-TEFL International, Alexandria, Egypt.
• Overall best student for the class
• Performing descriptive statistics using SAS and SPSS statistics software
• Creating unit plans
• Creating lesson plans
• Teaching English as a foreign language
• Teaching Chemistry for high school
• Creating course curriculum outline and assessment plans
• Performing needs analysis
• Performing capacity inventory
• Using technology to create educational material
• Foreign language skills (French and Vietnamese)
• Microsoft Office skills
• Member and Chief Engagement Officer of the Afrikan Community in Lincoln (February 2019 to present)
• Member of Practical Philosophy Club, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (2015 t0 2017)
• Member of the University of Buea Choir (1999 to 2002)
• Member of the University of Buea Environment Science Club (2000 to 2002)
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$95||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$190||$150|