My approach to teaching focuses on engaging students with the material at hand, and hopefully exciting them about the subject, facilitating learning and understanding. I believe that teachers and students can play an equally active role in the learning process.
I am a Chemical engineer passionate about teaching. I have been tutoring for the past three years working with middle, high school and undergraduate students in subjects including math, chemistry, and physics. My approach to teaching focuses on engaging students with the material at hand, and hopefully exciting them about the subject. My strong initiative and exceptional organizational skills, combined with my ability to work well under pressure, allow me to play a crucial role in a fast-paced teaching environment.
Cancelation policy of 24h in advance
Federal University of Parana (UFPR); Curitiba, Brazil
B.S. Chemical Engineering | GPA: 3.12
Tennessee Technological University; Cookeville, TN
B.S. Chemical Engineering | GPA: 3.25
Autonomous and Mathnasium Park Slope; Brazil and NYC March 2017–Current
• Worked with middle, high school and undergraduate students in subjects including math,
chemistry, and physics
• Helped struggling students improve their test grades from failing status to solid Bs
• Identified the needs of learners and explained problem-solving strategies, adapting the
course content and delivery style
• Reviewed materials assigned by the students' teachers and helped motivate students to
complete homework, communicating with parents about students' progress
Water Engineer Intern - Petinelli Consulting Group
Petinelli Consultoria Empresarial; Brazil January 2016–July 2016
• Designed and developed new methods of wastewater treatment using ozonation, based on
the Living Building Challenge guidelines
• Optimized the domestic wastewater treatment system developed by the consulting group
within company’s restricted budget, improving the treatment efficiency by 70%
• Formulated a full business plan for physicochemical and biological laboratories, verifying
economic viability with a break-even period of three years
• Collected and performed physical, chemical and biological analysis on domestic wastewater
in accordance with state regulations
• Documented LEED certifications for residential, commercial and industrial buildings
• Developed and presented the workshop “Sustainable Buildings: From Certification to Self-
Research Intern - Laboratory of Electrochemistry & Corrosion Surface
UFPR; Brazil February 2013–February 2014
• Evaluated the efficiency of remediated catalysts as adsorbents of lead and nickel solutions
through analytical methods
• Examined data by collecting heavy metal samples to analyze their chemical and physical
composition, concluding that the procedure of remediation is viable to treat heavy metals in
• Managed and optimized lab workstation with minimal supervision and simplified
experimental protocol to eliminate error
• Organized record keeping and generated written lab reports as well as presentations to the
• Awarded first place for the research presentation at the 21st Event of Scientific Initiation &
6th Event of Technological Innovation at UFPR
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|