I will work with you and your family to determine your university aspirations and help you develop a list of best-fit universities. We will collaborate to create a university application plan individually tailored to your needs. My specialties include helping you align your curricular and co-curricular programs with your university goals and crafting a compelling narrative throughout your application.
I am a secondary English and Social Studies teacher with 15+ years of experience. For the last 6 years, I have worked in private international schools helping high school students gain admission into their top-choice universities. My experience includes help with Ivy League, private Liberal Arts, Russel Group, medical, dental, and law school entry as well as admissions advising for student athletes, visual and performing arts applicants, and students with special needs.
Canceling less than 2 hours prior to the lesson will incur a $35 fee.
International School Counseling Certificate, Lehigh University, 5/2019
UCLA College Counseling Certificate,11/2015
M.A. Curriculum & Instruction, University of Texas, 5/2010
B.A. Political Science, University of Utah, 5/2002 (Summa Cum Laude)
Certifications: ELA & Reading (8-12), Social Studies (8-12), Special Education (EC-12)
High School Counselor, Cairo American College, Cairo, 8/2016-6/2020
• Counseled over 350 grade 9-12 students focusing on university admissions counseling
• University essay support/personal narrative construction
• Conducted university visits with high school students
Teacher, International School of Curitiba, Curitiba, 8/2012-6/2016
• University guidance for students in 11th and 12th grades
• Social Studies and Humanities classes to grades 7-9
Teacher, Discovery College, Discovery Bay, Hong Kong, 8/2010-6/2012
• Taught Grades 7-10 MYP Humanities and Economics
• Assisted ESL and individual needs students in Years 7/8 learning support
Teacher, Texas Public Schools 8/2002-7/2005; 8/2007-7/2010
• Taught ESL, reading, and speech to international secondary students
• Taught courses in all subjects of secondary social studies
Teacher, Escola Maria Imaculada, São Paulo, Brazil, 7/2005-7/2007
• Taught 7-12 ESL, Brazilian Studies, Social Studies classes
• Collaborated with department members to write standards-based curriculum
•Communications Committee, Int. Assoc. of College Admissions Counselors
•Co-Coordinator, Cairo School Counselors Network
•Maia Learning Socio-emotional Learning Curriculum Consultant
•International ACAC Pre-Conference Faculty and Conference Presenter, July 2019
•International School Counselors Association Conference Presenter, March 2019
•International ACAC Regional Conference Presenter, July 2018
essay writing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Test prep to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Resume / Cover letter writing prep for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|