I have taught all grade levels from K-12. I approach all ages with the same level of professionalism and decorum. My teaching method is to approach students with an immense level of respect, and to make History both fun and interesting. This creates a perfect learning environment which makes students feel comfortable and engaged. Each individual student learns at their own pace, and I always make sure to accommodate every learner and their goals
I am a History graduate who attained a summa cum laude from Rutgers University, and recently attained my masters. I have 5 plus years of experience in the field of education. I have been a substitute teacher, a tutor, and even ran my own after school site for Princeton Young Achievers. I have taught and tutored both big and small classrooms. Students I have taught have seen improved performance in social sciences while also engaging in an enjoyable and fun learning environment
Rates do not vary and I do not charge for canceled or rescheduled lessons
● Skills include ability to gather relevant information, communicate and engage and give critical analysis to vital decision-making processes, following research.
● Experience in conducting research, compiling data, and preparing papers for consideration and presentation.
● Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Exceptional interpersonal skills leading to successful and productive relationships with colleagues and clients.
● Background in both teaching and tutoring. Both online and in person. In my capacity as a substitute teacher, tutor, and afterschool site manager.
● Job market that would allow the opportunity to work with teams, meet with clients and new people, designing research programs and running field work.
● Desire to use my passion for history in Teaching and or Tutoring to promote and shape the image of a company or university.
Simmons College (From September 2016-May 2019)
● Graduated with a 3.5 GPA
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (May 2013)
BA – History
● Graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 4.0
● Acquired a minor in Education
TutorOut December 2017-Present
● Construct and organize lesson plans.
● Lead organized lessons for ESL students.
● Provide constructive criticism in written form for students.
ROBERT HALF September 2019- February 2020
General Office Clerk
● Assisted with digital and manual filing
● Data entry of lease contract and
● Reaching out to vendors and tracking payments in Excel
Museum of African American History (Boston, Massachusetts)
Internship September 2018 – December 2018
● Conducted research through primary and archival sources.
● Led guided tours throughout the museum on a variety of historical figures and topics.
● Worked closely with top researchers and educators.
● Participated in meetings and workshops to discuss and organize museum activity and structure.
Front Desk Manager September 2014 - August 2016
Greeted and assisted members. Answered inquiries via phone and email. Gave tours of the facility to aspiring members. Encouraged and helped manage enrollments for aspiring members.
Camp Counselor June 2010 – August 2014
● Set up games, activities, and crafts for children 4-13.
● Served as Head Counselor, working with Junior Counselors in overseeing and running activities that provided an educational, fun, and, safe camp for the children in the Princeton area.
Princeton Young Achievers-YMCA
After-School Director September 2014 – July 2015
● Manager of the after-school program for 3rd through 6th grade, which included leading a staff of workers, tutors, and volunteers.
● The area of focus for the after-school program was specifically to assist low-income students.
● Most students were ESL or were diagnosed with a “learning disability.”
● Oversaw the set up and implementation of snacks, games, and activities when students were finished with their reading, homework, and other assignments
Calvary Christian School
Substitute Teacher September 2011 – June 2013
● Worked as a substitute teacher for Pre-K through 8th grade. My primary assignments in this capacity included being a substitute for English, Literacy, Writing, and History. I also was given the responsibility to teach a special-education class for over a month while the teacher was out on maternity leave.
● Duties included following and or creating lesson plans. Developed and implemented assigned projects, homework, and quizzes to assess students. Graded, corrected, and gave substantive feedback on homework, classwork, papers, and tests.
Tutor – After School Program September 2009 – June 2013
● Assisted students (1st-8th grade) with reading, English and writing homework, math, and had responsibilities in snack distribution and coordinating after-school games, activities, and intramurals for students.
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, psychology lessons for all!
Taking political science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|