My goal is to help students gain a personal understanding of the material so they can confidently answer questions and solve problems on their own. I offer explanations and ask step-by-step questions to guide students into a deeper comprehension of subject matter. I am highly motivated and desire to share this energy with others by encouraging them throughout the learning process. I offer instruction for intro to microeconomics, macroeconomics, and accounting college courses as well as high school economics.
I have a BA degree in Economics and Business from Westmont College; I graduated in 2019. I worked as a Macroeconomics Teacher's Assistant for one year and was asked to be a teacher's assistant by my for microeconomics and accounting professors as well. I have a passion for learning and helping others gain understanding.
Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Business (Cumulative GPA: 3.97) May 2019
Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA
AWARDS & HONORS
Dean’s Honor List: Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2019
Phi Kappa Phi Inductee
Economics and Business Outstanding Senior, Westmont College 2019
PROFESSIONAL & RELATED EXPERIENCE
Teacher’s Assistant for Macroeconomics January – December 2018
Westmont College, Santa Barbara, California
● Guided students into a deeper understanding of the subject matter through leading questions and
● Prepared students for examinations with the subject material and emotional encouragement
Research Intern February – July 2018
The Development Bank of Singapore (DBS)
● Communicated cross-culturally with supervisors; adjusted research methods upon receiving feedback
● Collaborated with peer interns in group research and analysis of demographic data from the World
● Collated and formatted data in Microsoft excel used as input for a future-forecasting web application
Business Consultant for Haitian Entrepreneur January – April 2018
● Developed a business plan for a cosmetic stand as part of a semester long project for a business class
● Supported the entrepreneur as she launched her business through a microfinance loan
● Created innovative ideas suitable for the Haitian environment
● Utilized Microsoft Word to construct a professional business plan
Coach, Front Desk Assistant September 2015 – Present
The Aerial Studio, Ventura, California
● Instruct children, teens, and adults in aerial dance, acrobatics, conditioning, and stretching exercises
● Motivate clients to achieve their goals with encouraging and detailed feedback
● Led and coordinated a team of 4 coaches during a week of summer camp
● Operated the online database MindBody to process sale purchases, manage client data, and track
● Addressed client questions in person and over the phone
● Greeted clients as they entered the studio at the front desk position
Coach, Personal Trainer June 2019 – January 2020
Prevail Conditioning, Santa Barbara, California
● Educated adults in strength and conditioning technique
● Designed individualized programs to help advance client’s health, strength, movement, and physique
● Completed 200-hour Summer internship
● Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the National Academy of Sports Medicine in 2019
Lead Aerialist on Tour Team, Aerial Dance Performer October 2012 – March 2020
The Thorn, Colorado Springs, Colorado & The Aerial Studio
● Arranged and executed aerial dance sequences artistically in the context of the gospel story
● Adapted movements to new venues while traveling
● Served the team by giving words of encouragement, down rigging, stage building, interceding, etc.
● Performed professionally on The Thorn national tour team in 2020, at the Elephant Cooperation’s 2019
Anti Gala in Irvine, California, and at the 2019 PartsBase Expo in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
● Co-directed by leading an aerial, acrobatics, and dance showcase in the Fall of 2015
● Graduated from a pre-professional circus training program at The Aerial Studio in December 2015
Perfect! The strengths of my tutor is that she is patient and always positive. Even when I am having a difficulty understanding the material, she motivates me to do better! She's great, you can really tell that she cares about your progress and learning experience.
Laura, I appreciate that you maintain a positive attitude throughout our sessions. You are patient, kind, and persistent in working towards a greater understanding of the material. It is a pleasure working with you!
accounting lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microeconomics lessons for all!
Taking macroeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$19||$15|