I give lessons to accomplished and junior professionals on finance/investing skills along with career management/advancement. I have a structured program that has several defined steps and exercises to identify both areas of interest and prepare the student for interviews. In addition, I set goals for the student to achieve in terms of networking, resume improvement and LinkedIn.
I have over 13 years of investment experience managing teams of analysts. Analysts have graduated from the analyst training program to more senior jobs or positions at other companies within the investment industry. I have substantial experience mentoring younger professionals about managing their career.
JGM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT New York, NY
Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager 2018 - Present
• Innovated a hybrid strategy that merged technical derivative analysis with fundamental company analysis. Invested across credit and equity markets in the US, Europe, and Brazil.
• Unconstrained strategy returned 14.9% with a Sharpe Ratio 350% of the S&P 500.
• Engineered proprietary analytical and database tools that radically improved the fundamental screening hit ratio which was critical to JGM’s success.
• Recruited and supervised a computer programmer to work on data projects including reconstructing derivative valuation models after identifying an oversight and analyzing the use of information theory for a quantitative credit derivative strategy.
• Raised 98% of the fund’s initial capital.
EOS GLOBAL FUND Sao Paulo, Brazil
Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager 2013 - 2016
• Partnered with a multi-family office to launch a long-biased global equity fund which was one of Brazil’s first international funds to have an in-country manager investing 100% offshore.
• Directed a fundamental long/short and event driven equity portfolio focused on US and Europe.
• Generated a 7% un-levered CAGR which exceeded the S&P 500/STOXX 600 return by 1,100bp. Both long and short books were profitable.
• Hired a senior portfolio manager and supervised five analysts across various functions.
• Raised 90% of the fund’s initial capital and spearheaded additional fundraising efforts.
CASA DOS VENTOS Sao Paulo, Brazil
Investment Director 2012-2013
• Oversaw all financial and investment analysis and reported directly to the CEO and Chairman.
• Overhauled the investment process, risk management and boosted the group’s financial sophistication which eliminated the need for outsourcing detailed analysis to investment banks.
• Engineered large financial models and innovated new screening methodologies that yielded both better results and increased efficiency.
• Managed financial team including investment banks that grew an operating company into one of LATAM’s largest renewable energy entities through a multi-billion-dollar investment expansion.
• Strategized potential options for monetizing a 15GW pipeline of renewable energy projects.
LONGACRE FUND MANAGEMENT New York, NY
Senior Analyst 2010-2011
• Spearheaded the fund’s global investment activities across the industrial and materials sectors.
• Targeted long/short and event-driven investments across the capital structure.
• Oversaw diligence of investment opportunities and presentations to the investment committee.
• Managed the largest number of investments in the firm’s $2.0B portfolio.
• Negotiated restructurings and credit agreement amendments with private equity funds and investment banks.
• Headed firm’s backstop of a $1.0B equity rights offering for a company exiting bankruptcy.
• Orchestrated the firm’s investment proposal on DRYS at the 2011 Value Investing Congress.
APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT (Formerly Stone Tower Capital) New York, NY
• Analyzed new investment opportunities through detailed financial modeling, channel checks and calls with management teams, accountants, lawyers, and consultants.
• Monitored 50 portfolio companies ($1.0B notional) and assessed whether any changes needed to be made based on idiosyncratic and market developments.
• Restructured 5 portfolio companies and negotiated credit agreement amendments with investment banks and private equity funds.
• Selected to be the sole analyst on the fund’s direct lending, solution capital and distressed effort and executed $100M of originated investments.
• Constructed firm’s financial model template and taught financial modeling to new analysts.
RUSSELL INVESTMENT GROUP Seattle, WA
Summer Intern 2006
• Engineered and managed database of investment strategies for the launch of a new fund.
• Formulated proposal for an emerging market fund and interviewed investment managers.
• Won investment contest with detailed analysis of Raytheon.
UBS Boston, MA
Summer Intern 2005
• Investigated corporate credit and equity investment opportunities in the US.
• Analyzed investment portfolios and presented restructuring and streamlining recommendations to senior portfolio manager.
HARVARD COLLEGE Cambridge, MA
BA, Government June, 2007
• Captain varsity cross country team; 4-year D1 athlete varsity cross country and track teams.
• Research assistant to Professor Andrew Kydd developing mathematical models for arms control.
• Founding member and treasurer of Roosevelt Institute Think Tank.
• Liaison for former senior director at the National Security Council.
• Jakko Micola Award winner, Major H Letter winner and finalist for The Francis H. Burr Award.
career coaching lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Professional training to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job search coach lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|