The best way to teach the basics of newswriting or any journalism fundamental is to lead by example and to practice until it's perfect. I teach high schoolers and college students who want to get a firmer grasp on what it means to be a journalist.
I am a recent college graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Journalism and a minor in Psychology. I have managed several teams for publications and am proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite. I have worked several internships in the field and I am looking for full time employment one month post-grad.
I bring a wealth of knowledge from many different sectors of journalism and will drastically improve any writer's work with hands-on training and patience. I am a recent grad and I am in need of supplemental income to my freelancing and internship until I have a full-time journalism career.
Copy Editor/Marketing Intern 10/2020 to Current
Tricentis Atlanta, GA (Remote)
• Technical editing for a global, leading software testing company; Reported to the in-house marketing team with copy review of emails, blog posts and other site resources.
• Worked with on-demand WordPress pages to improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Editor-in-Chief 05/2020 to 12/2020
The Quad Magazine Boston, MA
• Managed development, editing, and publishing of editorial content for Boston University's online independent magazine. Supervise editorial team and writing staff to enhance the online presence.
Head Copy Editor 05/2018 to 01/2020 - 07/2020 to 12/2020; 05/2018 to 05/2020
The Buzz Magazine, The Quad Magazine Boston, MA
• Managed a team of copy editors to ensure timely publication of online and print articles, edited feature style writing for grammar and style to specialized style guides and AP Style, and worked with the editorial team to manage writers' workflow.
Editorial Intern 02/2020 to 04/2020
Epicurean Life Magazine London, England, United Kingdom
• Developed and wrote articles about travel, food and lifestyle for luxury magazine.
• Assisted editorial team with updating web site content and launching new site.
• Participated in press events for product/restaurant debuts.
Contributing Writer/Intern 05/2019 to 08/2019
Ormond Beach Observer/Port Orange Observer Port Orange, FL
• Reported on local, community-driven news in Port Orange and Ormond Beach, FL.
• Covered bimonthly city council meetings, special events, community awards, etc.
• Worked closely with editors to improve writing and editing skills.
• Worked with other journalists and editors to expand community reach by developing the Daytona West Observer — a completely new publication.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science: Journalism – Psychology Minor 12/2020
Boston University Boston, MA
• 3.73 GPA
• Certification from University of Texas, Austin — "Journalism in a Pandemic: Covering COVID-19 now and in the future”
psychology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking ethics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|