Knowledgeable History Tutor, Current Events, BA in History, MA International Relations, Finishing Doctorate
Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, CO 08/2015-Present
Doctorate of Management (pursuing online)
Northcentral University, Prescott Valley, AZ 09/2011 –08/2015
PhD in Education: Education / Organizational Leadership (pursuing online)
American Public University System, Charles Town, WV Degree, 08/2011
Master of Arts in International Relations / Conflict Resolution
DePauw University, Greencastle, IN Degree, 05/1982
Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science
College / University
Underwood University, Suwanee, GA 08/2016-Present
Part-time Adjunct Instructor
Professor in the hospitality administration department. Teach the following basic foundational courses: HTM200 Introduction to Hotel Operations, HTM210 Introduction to Foodservice Operations, and HTM201 Hospitality Development and Facilities Management. Developed, implemented, and created syllabus from scratch. Formulated and designed course structure, expectations, academic standards, and criterion. Students comprised of international body on F-1 study visas from the countries of India, Pakistan, South Korea, China, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar. Familiar with Blackboard and Kanopy SIS grading and student portal systems.
PTI GROUP USA, LLC, Denver, CO 12/2011 – 03/2013
Regional District Manager (based in Provo, UT)
Managed, directed, and built upon remote site catering camps in Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, and Utah for the oil, gas, and mining sectors. Specific responsibilities and accomplishments included:
• Liaison between industry and state environmental health regulators
• Assured efficient staffing, food usage, and good business practices leading to expected profitability of all assigned operations
• Achieved 100% targeted EBITDA (Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization).
• Designed and developed District Manager’s and Camp Manager’s Operational Manuals
• Championed workplace practice and behavior that elevated standards
DG 21 LLC, Diego Garcia, BIOT (British Indian Ocean Territory) 11/2008 – 12/2011
Food & Beverage Operations and Entertainment Manager
Successfully oversaw the MWR (Morale Welfare & Recreation) Clubs, Bars, Restaurants, and Entertainment Venus of the U.S. Navy Support Facility, Diego Garcia, B.I.O.T. (British Indian Ocean Territory), and the daily management of 10 multi-unit outlets with 6 salary managers, and 200 full- and part-time employees. Specific responsibilities and accomplishments included:
• Maintained $3 to $5 million revenues annually
• Operations and off-premise catering for 2500 plus people
• Built revenue and client satisfaction
• Worked with environmental health regulators, and achieved 100% food sanitation rating
• Maintained high food quality with menu creation, adherence, and budget / cost control
• Led organizational development, employee staffing, training, and hiring
• Create marketing tools to create and execute promotions, contests, entertainment, and generate revenues for 150 Slot Machines
PTI REMOTE SITE SERVICES USA, INC., Rock Springs, WY / Edmonton, AB 08/2005 – 11/2008
General Manager of US Operations
Successfully oversaw the daily multi-unit operations of 10 remote site camps in 3 states Utah, Wyoming, & Colorado. Specific responsibilities and accomplishments included:
• Managed facilities with priority placed on efficient operations and client satisfaction
• Served as a liaison between industry and state environmental health regulators
• Maintained high standards for food and camp sanitation, food quality, menu adherence, budgetary factors
• Led efforts in organizational development and strategic planning
• Employee staffing, training, and hiring
CHARTWELLS / DEPAUL UNIVERSITY DINING SERVICES, Chicago, IL 08/2001 – 08/2005
Director of Dining Services
Served as the liaison between DePaul University and Chartwells Higher Educational Dining Services in the execution of day-to-day operations of a multi-million-dollar food service operation. Specific responsibilities included:
• Overall coordination, coaching, counseling, training, hiring, developing, and assisting of all front-of-house and back-of-the-house associates
• Maintained cycle menu implementation, marketing promotions, inventory, P&L
• Managed a staff of more than 80 full- and part-time employees
• Created vocational educator for pilot program funded by US government in the reintroduction of at-risk youth and adults into the workforce. Skills taught were reading ability, preparing resumes, time management, and interaction with fellow employees.
• Served in the capacity as a mentor in the Pro-start culinary program in conjunction with the National Restaurant Association, in partnership with the city of Chicago School System in training aspiring culinary high school students.
Rates based on my education, travels around the world, and professional experience.
I can teach anyway that’s best for helping you learn! When training new employees at my job, I always ask them at the...
My philosophy or approach is usually dictated by the students. People learn differently, and at different rates. If I were...
I'm incredibly laidback and will adapt to whatever teaching style is required of me, but I can be firm when I need to be. I...
Although I do try to get students thinking by asking questions (the Socratic method), because most people are totally...
My teaching method is rooted in my experiences as an education studies student and museum educator. My lessons are rooted in...
Paris 18e, France
Professor of literature and geography history course provides academic support for student College, High School or Higher...
I love Latin and I believe I know how to make you tolerate it, even if you don’t like it! All jokes aside… if you pick...
Paris 20e, France
My method is based on example, and personal commitment to provide students with the tools they lack to progress in their...
Paris 15e, France
Do you want to join Sciences Po University College? Do you want to join a Sciences Po Master this year? You are in the right...
Art history is more than just learning about art—it is about learning *through* the arts. Through the history of art, you...
I base my courses on a perfect knowledge of the great classics and the demands of the juries of the grandes écoles....
London, United Kingdom
I approach each topic according to the immediate and long-range needs of the student, whether they require help in...
My educational skills and experiences are predominantly geared toward grades 6 through 12, but despite my limited experience...
I tutor all courses covered in the first three terms of the Oxford MPhil in IR including: Michaelmas Term: Development of...
My philosophy is to bring students to their awareness knowledge that is already within them. I believe we are all born with...
My teaching method is rooted in nurturing the whole child. It's all about what children can do versus what they can't do. I...
I improve my students' grades by tailoring tutorials closely to the mark schemes of their exams, building up the taught...
I am more familiar with working 1 on 1 though I am flexible to work with whatever a student(s) needs are. A one-word...
My teaching method is to find the student's best way of learning and to focus on that aspect instead of a "one size fits...
I take a conversational approach to teaching as I believe that is the best way to teach psychology topics. I enjoy...
I would say my teaching approach is more discussion and repetition based. More difficult concepts, such as the reasonings...
Describe the problem encountered on this ad