My teaching approach is two fold. 1. I ask students to consider scenarios in leadership situations. 2. We then discuss the functions of leadership within those scenarios. The course(s) are very interactive and based on real world scenarios.
I have taught leadership development at the university level for over 25 years. I have served in numerous leadership positions as well as coaching and mentoring in leadership development.
Dr. Patrick Faverty, (concealed information) Please read my Leadership Blog for further info: (concealed information)
I offer special pricing for students who have achieved a Master's Degree.
Ed.D. University of La Verne Organizational Leadership
M.A. University of California, Santa Barbara Counseling Psychology
B.A. Utah State University English/Communication Studies
Executive Director / Owner Lowell Leadership Group Consultant
• Leadership developer/consultant/trainer in education and business.
Director, University of California, Santa Barbara & Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Joint Doctoral Program in Organizational Leadership
A three-year, cohort based leadership program. • Recruited students across five counties (Kern, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo). • Taught doctoral level courses, advised students.
• Coordinated program symposia, conferences and leadership development workshops.
• Designed & developed a hybrid instructional program – online, video-conference, and face to face
• Served on the UCSB campus-wide Instructional Technology committee. • Coordinated program curriculum and faculty development.
Faculty Lecturer (full-time) Gevirtz Graduate School of Education, UCSB. Taught B.A., M.A. and doctoral (PhD/EdD) courses in organizational leadership, organizational change/ development, technology integration, human resources, fiscal policy, statistics, and research methods.
Significant Administrative Experience
Business & Budget, Facilities, Construction & Services:
- Supervise and manage budgets and administrative operations in business, payroll, building and grounds, human resources, food service, housing, bookstore, and auxiliary services.
- Developed and successfully managed budget of $30M as CEO.
- Consultant in support of operations, budgets, facilities.
- Participated in writing specs, design, construction, and opening of two new elementary schools two new middle schools, and the renovation/modernization projects for four elementary schools.
- Awarded the title Apple Distinguished Educator (ADE) in 2005 by Apple.
- Designed and developed a hybrid learning system for UC Santa Barbara with face to face, online, and
- Member of both campus-wide and graduate school of education technology committees.
- Developed and directed implementation of technology plan that included point to point T-1 system infrastructure, secure site servers with streaming video content, home directories, web pages, and email.
Personnel, Human Resources:
- Developed initial contracts, supervised negotiations, developed association Trust Agreements..
- Practice as an independent facilitator/consultant in leadership, organizational development and personnel problem-solving for private industry and municipal government.
- Developed materials and recruited students for doctoral program in leadership
- Private practice as an independent consultant in organizational development /change / P.D./ instructional technology, neuroscience research.
- Primary developer/consultant/trainer in forming a high school project-based Technology Academy
- Serve as a Ca. Department of Education approved DAIT provider/Lead for low performing schools in Program Improvement
- Provided direction, guidance and support with faculty in the development of the organizational leadership and change curriculum for the joint doctoral program of UCSB and Cal Poly.
Significant Presentations/Workshops – 2015 to present
- Presentation: “Issues for Leaders”; ICEM Conference, Medellin, Colombia, October 2015.
- The Psychology of Leadership Workshop,The Columbus School (K12 Private); Medellin, Colombia; November 2015
- Presentation: “We Are Emotional Beings In A Social Setting: How Symbols Effect Organizational Culture and Climate.” International Leadership Association. Submitted 2020. Conference cancelled, COVID-19.
leadership lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$500|