I provide instruction to individuals or groups to those interested interested in understanding the word in which we live. We focus on theory and how it related to today's changing values. We read, we research the net, we discuss, we share opinions and personal stories.
I'm a Psychologist, Counselor, Instructor, Grant Writer, Social Advocate and Lecturer. I've been an online instructor since 2011. Instruction has focused on college freshmen and sophomore students but I've worked with student attending high school as well as elementary school. I'm an excellent source for students in advanced classes.
Sherry A H Lantz
Skills Online teaching, Community Education, Management, Supervision, Training, Organizing, Technical/Professional Writing, Fund Raising, Grant Writing, Advocacy, Budgets, Computer Literacy, Public Speaking, Working with Diverse Populations, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Experience 4/2016 – present Coordinator (part-time) Nutrition Education Outreach Program, Chautauqua County Rural Ministry,
Design and implement nutrition and healthy eating workshops to core area residents. Responsibilities include, presentations, public speaking, working with a culturally diverse population, creating workshops and speakers, creating sustainably relationships with community organizations serving vulnerable populations.
3/ 2011 – 12/2017
Online part-time Faculty – University of Phoenix online – Instruct and facilitate an online classroom for Psychology 201, The Foundations of Psychology.
11/2007 – 06/2009 DIRECTOR SUNY Fredonia Community Outreach Partnerships Center (COPC)
Charged with bringing SUNY Fredonia resources to the City of Dunkirk. Capacity Building, Resource Sharing. Community Outreach, Leadership Training, Community Organizing. Neighborhood Revitalization (SUNY - State University of New York at Fredonia, N Y, Research Foundation).
01/2000 - 01/2008 Chautauqua County Rural Ministry, Inc. Dunkirk, NY
DIRECTOR OF FOOD PROGRAMS
Increased community partnerships through food recovery, fund raising and volunteerism
Enhanced the efficiency and operations of five major food related programs serving the working poor, the poor and homeless, including gleaning, Food Recovery, Community Organizing, Food Bank, managing a community kitchen, emergency food pantry, supervision of a used clothing and furniture store, community gardens, food distribution, operating a warehouse, etc.
Developed, enhanced or redesigned several programs to more efficiently meet consumer needs.
1987– PRESENT Sherry A H Lantz, MA, LPC Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapist
Private practice focuses on depression, anxiety, grief, domestic violence and geriatric counseling.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT activities include consumer driven agencies and small business.
Contractual activities include: staff training in team development, grant writing, leadership and management in-services, program development and implementation, agency/staff retreat sessions time management, and small group dynamics.
GRANT WRITER – Provide a wide variety of grant writing services to not for profit organizations and first responders. Activities include, research, editing, grant writing, consultation.
2000 – 2007 New York State Office for Aging/ Chautauqua County Office of Aging
LONG TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN (part-time)
Solicited, trained, supervised and coordinated activities of 60 volunteer advocates in 22 long term care facilities in Chautauqua County.
Prior to 2000 (1984-2000) – I was the director of Dunkirk Fredonia Counseling for several years, and was also Interim Director and Administrative Director for Chautauqua County Rural Ministry, Inc.
B. S. University of Pittsburgh Psychology
M. A. University of New Haven Industrial Organizational Psychology
Post Graduate Training Certificate – Cleveland Center for Cognitive Psychotherapy
Interests Volunteering, gardening, refinishing antiques, photography.
Detailed description of experience
References available upon request
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX - Taught adults (and ages) from a wide variety of backgrounds the Foundations of Psychology, an entry level psychology course. Classroom education involved the use of a wide variety of online academic tools to enhance learning. Creation of a syllabus, grading, feedback, intense student instructor interaction. Very rewarding experience.
SUNY FREDONIA – DUNKIRK FREDONIA COMMUNITY OUTREACH PARTNERSHIPS CENTER
HUD Funded initiative focusing on creating sustainable collaborative community/college relationships in the City of Dunkirk. SUNY Fredonia based initiatives with community leaders, elected officials, non profit organizations, civic and community agencies, faith-based work together through community organizing activities, neighborhood revitalization and the SUNY Technology Incubator to promote healthy safe neighborhoods, community leadership/professional development, greater awareness of cultural diversity, etc.
PRIVATE PRACTICE PSYCHOTHERAPIST
Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapist - Private practice self-employed cognitive therapist specializing in the areas of depression, anxiety, grief, geriatric counseling and domestic violence to individuals and families. Work with professionals in the law enforcement system, Education, Crime Victim’s Board providing assessments and crisis services. Provider of counseling services to EAP programs, and stress management counseling to professionals and management.
• Provide in-services and trainings to staff and trainers in the areas of counseling the elderly, staff and team development, Assessing Depression in the Elderly, Assessing Drugs in the Workplace, Non-Profit Board Enrichment
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT/GRANT WRITER
• Consultant – Self employed. Collaborative Management Consulting for non-profit agencies, mental health and advocacy programs, and small business
• Design and implementation of comprehensive custom management services to include assessment, collaborative identification and problem solving.
• Services are directed toward reorganization needs, Board of Directors training and role enhancement, workshops/in-services, staff training, managerial leadership skills enhancement, small group dynamics, communication skills training, time management and personnel assessment.
• Clients include mental health agencies, advocacy agencies and small manufacturing businesses.
• Trained Grant Writer 1985 – Specialize in FEMA grants for first responders and non profits.
• Grant Trainer – Offer workshops to individuals and not for profits on basic grant writing techniques, and funder relationships. I offer grant writing training to professionals through the Northern Chautauqua since 2005. Workshops include: Grant Writing for Beginners, and Outcomes and Evaluations for Successful Grant Proposals. Mental health Issues in the Workplace, Drug/Alcohol Abuse in the Workplace
• Trainer – Provide trainings to professionals on a wide range of mental health and management topics speaking, workshops/in-services, seminars on specific areas of mental health.
DIRECTOR OF FOOD PROGRAMS – Chautauqua County Rural Ministry, Inc. Responsible for the operations of Chautauqua County Food Bank, The Emergency Food Pantry, Food Express, The Friendly Kitchen, The Gleaning Project, and the food Recovery Program
Responsibilities include the operations and continued growth of a countywide food recovery programs designed to meet the hunger and nutrition needs of 60 different helping agencies located throughout Chautauqua County.
• Increased community participation by soliciting for volunteers and donors for gleaning, pickup and delivery of gleaned product to appropriate agencies, and providing nutrition education. Maintaining statistics, writing press releases, reports for DOH and funding sources.
• Increased networking, building partnerships with agencies, organizations and potential contributors/donors
• Successful grant writing and grant research opportunities, organizing and training volunteers, fund raising, creation of newsletters, written and public appeals, speaking engagements, and public relations.
• Overall operations, recruitment and supervision of staff and volunteers of the Garment Gallery 2(low cost clothing store), the Furniture Distribution Program, the Prescription Assistance Program, and the Breathe Easy Program. Supervisory functions, and monitored monies coming into the agency.
• Designed and implemented new organizational policy & procedural directives.
• Designed the CCRM Prospectus and donor solicitation materials used in the Coburn Block Capital Campaign which achieved over 97% of its $200,000.00 goal. I served on the Board of Directors fund raising committee during the campaign drive.
• Increased food recovery by 25%
• Increased community partnership programs by 40%
SUBSTATE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM COORDINATOR/Director –Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (15 - 20 hours per week,) New York State Office for Aging
• Advocate for quality of life issues in long term care and assisted living/adult facilities. Coordinate, recruit, train and supervise case management of new volunteers in Long Term Care Advocacy. Primary countrywide advocate for individuals residing in 22 skilled nursing or assisted or adult living facilities in Chautauqua County, NY .
• Responsible for public relations, new program development, ongoing training and supervision of 35 volunteers, coordination of monthly meetings, disseminate current information to volunteers regarding changes in DOH, State and Federal guidelines.
SOUTH SHORE COUNSELING GROUP, owner, A private counseling service focusing on blended family counseling, gay, lesbian and sexual minority counseling, gerontology and parenting concerns.
LANTZ RESEARCH ASSOCIATES, INC/NORCROSS LANTZ MEDIA ARTS Administrative consultant for Cultural Resource Management Firm:
• Cultural resource management, historical research, literature search, technical writing, historical report writing, logistics, staff supervision, personnel management development and maintenance of operational and project budgets, media scripting, computer generated imaging. Voice overs, videography.
NORTH COUNTY COUNSELING, Executive Director
Reorganization of this non-profit, private counseling service, enhanced role of the Board of Directors,
• Intensive grant writing
• Strengthened community image, public relations, fund-raising and budgets
• Designed and implemented domestic violence programs for victims of domestic violence, perpetrators, women sexually abused as children and progressive home parenting programs, and services to the elderly (home visits/therapy)
• Primary therapist, provided individual, marital/family counseling, and offered support/treatment groups
• Provider of services to children and adolescents within the school system, which utilized state funding resources
• Provided counseling in the areas of depression, anxiety, grief, domestic violence
• Eriksonian Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioral psychotherapy
CHAUTAUOUA COUNTY RURAL MINISTRY, Inc., Administrative Director (Also Exec. Director - 6 months interim)
As Administrative Director of this non-profit, multi-service, rural advocacy agency, responsibilities included:
• New program design and implementation, social advocacy related to poverty issues, housing, discrimination and women's issues, concerns for elder abuse prevention and domestic violence
• Crisis counseling, supervised staff in case management
• Investigated discrimination complaints related to sex, job, housing and race related issues.
• Supervised over 100 volunteers and staff who participate in programs, including VISTA volunteers
• Monitored the daily operation of a community kitchen, low-cost clothing store, emergency food pantry, and' a number of related housing or home repair programs
• Public relations via public speaking, television and radio interviews for local regional news shows and colleges on the subject of rural issues.
• Lecturer - college level SUNY Fredonia, supervised independent study classes through Empire State in psychology
• Research project on homelessness creating a baseline assessment of homelessness as it exists in rural areas; research focused on the impact of substandard housing, lack of suitable housing, and transitional living on the quality of life in Chautauqua County, NY
I’m computer literate with extensive experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and many other programs
ACHIEVEMENTS & ASSOCIATIONS
National Honor Society in Psychology – PSI CHI
Grant Writer, Grantsmanship Training Center 1985, additional training – Not For Profit Entrepreneurship 2001
Written Report on Rural Homelessness Included in the Stewart B. McKinney Act on Homelessness 1986
The Homeless Housing Act passed 1987 (I compiled research data on rural homelessness as a VISTA volunteer)
VISTA Volunteer – 1985 – 1987
The Prophet’s Hoe Award – Outstanding commitment
Master Gardener, Chautauqua County/Cornell Cooperative Extension, Jamestown, NY 2013 - present
Nationally Certified Counselor, 1993 - 2005 #31326
PA State Licensed Counselor, 2002 #002068 - present
NYS Serve Safe Food Safety Certification
Chautauqua Leadership Network, Class of 2009
President, Ripley Free Library, Friends of the Library 2015-2017
Fundraising Committee, New York Small Scale Food Processors Association 2017
CURRENT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:
Instruct an annual Grant Writing Workshop for Beginners for Northern - Chautauqua Community Foundation,
Chautauqua County Rural Ministry, North East Wine Festival, Food Express,
Friends of the Library – Ripley Free Library, 2014/2015 - President
Vehicle Transport Volunteer Canine Rescue. 2012 – present
Master Gardener workshops on’ Edible Wild Plants’,’ Good Bug, Bad Bug’, ‘Super foods’.
Hobbies/Interests: Antiquing, furniture refinishing, photography, gardening, reading, creating Lantz Brothers Chips & Chews, Hooked on Books, Lantz Reproductions, and gourmet cooking
psychology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking ethics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|