I focus on the communicative approach. In my classes, imagine we'll have coffee; my goal is that you learn a language in context. My class is YOUR class, so tell me what you want to learn, and I'll create a class designed for you!
I'm a multipotentialite that loves teaching because the more you teach, the more you learn.
I'm an English teacher, but Spanish is the language of my heart, so why not give it a try?
My goal is that my students absolutely fall in love with the target language. So, ready to embark this journey with me?
1. Personal Information
Name: Geovanna Fernández Barrenechea.
Birth date: June 7th 1992
• 1999-2004 Saint Blass School
• 2005-2009 Liceo de Moravia High School
• 2010-1016 University of Costa Rica B.A in English.
• 2015 Summer School Pusan National University, South Korea
3. Personal Experience
• Worked for three years as an interpreter (English/Spanish and Spanish/English) for Light Force International, Believers World Outreach, ESSports, Love and Scissors, Assemblies of God, RU Life Tree Adventures.
• Worked for three years tutoring children with hyperactivity disorder.
• Worked as an ESL teacher with small groups
• Worked as a grammar, reading, science and spelling tutor.
• Worked as a translator for independent missionaries from AG.
• Since June 2014, I have been working at the British Academy teaching English as a foreign language to small groups.
• Since March 2014, I started working at The University of Costa Rica in a project that consists of teaching children in their early stages of learning.
• In 2014-15, I got the privilege of being a finalist at the Korean Embassy Essay Contest about Korean Culture.
• Since January 2016, I began working at IEM (Instituto Educativo Moderno) as a Grammar and Language Arts teacher for 5th, 6th and 7th graders.
4. Goals and Objectives
• To help people with their cultural barriers
• To serve as connection among people from different cultures
• To help and improve communication processes among people
5. Skills and Values
• Speaking in Public
• Passionate about the language and the art of teaching
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$18||Not available||$18|
|5 hours||$15||Not available||$90|
|10 hours||$12||Not available||$180|